How to get the "Windows Security" dialog box back in WinXP

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

How to get the "Windows Security" dialog box back in WinXP

Post by DVINTHEHOUSEMAN »

I'm looking to do this while keeping the XP logon screen, not the NT 3.1-2K style. Is there a registry hack that will do this?
DV
Go check me out on YouTube!

mrpijey wrote:Or someone slipped on a banana peel, fell backwards and accidently hit both the betaarchive.com and "DDoS Express" buttons at the same time.

Valerio

Re: How to get the "Windows Security" dialog box back in Win

Post by Valerio »

Interesting question, I've wondered the same but never looked up for a solution online. I'm afraid that what we're looking for is too much of a detailed and specific question and we won't be able to find many answers. The only thing I can think about right now is: in Windows XP we have two choices, either the Windows 2000 login screen or the XP one. But in earlier Whistler builds, if I remember correctly, the login screen was a mixture of 2000 and XP stuff, like at first there would be the "Windows is starting up..." box, then the login screen and so on, but I don't know what happens in early Whistler builds when you press ctrl + alt + del. I dunno if that brings up the Windows Security box or just the Task Manager. You could take a look at those builds perhaps, trying to see if there's some kind of registry key that enables some kind of hybrid login screen, but I doubt there's any, but you never know. I'm not even sure actually how you look for registry keys, maybe there's some kind of light reverse engineering to do or something like that.

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Re: How to get the "Windows Security" dialog box back in Win

Post by DVINTHEHOUSEMAN »

I have a whistler 2257 pc, so I would have to check it out
DV
Go check me out on YouTube!

mrpijey wrote:Or someone slipped on a banana peel, fell backwards and accidently hit both the betaarchive.com and "DDoS Express" buttons at the same time.