How to install Adobe Photoshop 0.63?

Discuss any beta and abandonware applications.
Lucas Brooks

How to install Adobe Photoshop 0.63?

Post by Lucas Brooks »

I tried to install Adobe Photoshop 0.63 in System Software 7.0.1 running in Mini vMac emulating Macintosh Plus. I copied the .sit.bin file to the hard drive and double clicking on it displays an error saying can't find the program created it. I never used Mac before so please help.

DarkerJ
Donator

Re: How to install Adobe Photoshop 0.63?

Post by DarkerJ »

You have to install Stuffit Expander. A .sit archive is just another compression format, but mostly for Macs. Anyway, you should just get an application out of it once you extract it.

I'd also recommend playing with this on Basilisk II, seeing as it does have color support.
<°)))><●▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬●><(((°>
When in doubt...
iddqd
idkfa

Lucas Brooks

Post by Lucas Brooks »

I know .sit is an archive but I tried to extract it on Windows and doesn't work. I got Stuffit Expander installed in my emulated Mac and I can't figure out how to open the file. Double clicking on the file will cause the error message and dragging the file to Stuffit Expander will move the file there. Is there anyone have enough experience to just extract the file and send it through?

I have no experience with Macs and I never used one before, so I know nothing. I can't even open a command prompt open in System Software 7.

Never mind, I've got it working using the files provided here: http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/photoshop-063

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

ComputerHunter wrote: I can't even open a command prompt open in System Software 7.
That would be because there isn't one. Classic Mac OS was famous for being a gui-only system.
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?