BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 1d, 2h, 50m | CPU: 43% | MEM: 4894MB of 10909MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: How to install Adobe Photoshop 0.63?        Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:47 am 
FTP Access

I tried to install Adobe Photoshop 0.63 in System Software 7.0.1 running in Mini vMac emulating Macintosh Plus. I copied the .sit.bin file to the hard drive and double clicking on it displays an error saying can't find the program created it. I never used Mac before so please help.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How to install Adobe Photoshop 0.63?        Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 4:21 am 
Donator

Take a backward step, then a forward step

Favourite OS
LH 4015, Chicago 73g, XP 2416
You have to install Stuffit Expander. A .sit archive is just another compression format, but mostly for Macs. Anyway, you should just get an application out of it once you extract it.

I'd also recommend playing with this on Basilisk II, seeing as it does have color support.

When in doubt...
iddqd
idkfa

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: How to install Adobe Photoshop 0.63?        Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 7:17 am 
FTP Access

I know .sit is an archive but I tried to extract it on Windows and doesn't work. I got Stuffit Expander installed in my emulated Mac and I can't figure out how to open the file. Double clicking on the file will cause the error message and dragging the file to Stuffit Expander will move the file there. Is there anyone have enough experience to just extract the file and send it through?

I have no experience with Macs and I never used one before, so I know nothing. I can't even open a command prompt open in System Software 7.

Never mind, I've got it working using the files provided here: http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/photoshop-063

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How to install Adobe Photoshop 0.63?        Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 7:21 pm 
Donator

ComputerHunter wrote:
I can't even open a command prompt open in System Software 7.

That would be because there isn't one. Classic Mac OS was famous for being a gui-only system.

Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

Top  Profile