How does the site look on Windows XP in 2019

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

How does the site look on Windows XP in 2019

Post by DVINTHEHOUSEMAN »

Idk if this goes here, so, Staff and Admins please move this to the appropriate section if this isn't the right subforum for this.

How does the site look in 2019 on Windows XP? I am using Firefox 43 for this with 1024x768 resolution on an IBM ThonkPad T23.

I think it still looks good today. BTW I'm posting this on my thonkpad.
DV
Go check me out on YouTube!

mrpijey wrote:Or someone slipped on a banana peel, fell backwards and accidently hit both the betaarchive.com and "DDoS Express" buttons at the same time.

beta.a.brian

Re: How does the site look on Windows XP in 2019

Post by beta.a.brian »

Not very surprising at all. This site isn't particularly complicated for browsers to render; hell, my 3DS browser renders it nearly flawlessly.
#8032forbrian came true

Windows OS

Post by Windows OS »

In fact, before BA switched to forced HTTPS, it even rendered perfectly fine in Internet Explorer 6. If someone was able to patch in support for more modern security into IE 6, I'll almost guarantee that it'll still render fine.
Do Not Make Illegal Copies Of This Signature.
YouTube | Twitter | BA Wiki | BetaWiki

DragonWars

Post by DragonWars »

Windows OS wrote:In fact, before BA switched to forced HTTPS, it even rendered perfectly fine in Internet Explorer 6. If someone was able to patch in support for more modern security into IE 6, I'll almost guarantee that it'll still render fine.
windows 2000/windows xp and xp x64 can get secure connections on ie6 by installing specific updates.

vareu
Donator

Post by vareu »

DragonWars wrote:windows 2000/windows xp and xp x64 can get secure connections on ie6 by installing specific updates.
Could you tell us, which ones?

JonathonWyble

Post by JonathonWyble »

vareu wrote:
DragonWars wrote:windows 2000/windows xp and xp x64 can get secure connections on ie6 by installing specific updates.
Could you tell us, which ones?
I think for IE6 in Windows XP, you would need the April 2008 update for IE6 SP3, as that has the latest updates included with XP SP3. I think it might work in the x64 edition of XP as well.

vareu
Donator

Post by vareu »

Ow, you are talking about IE v6.0. But what about v8.0 - is there the same problem with it?

JonathonWyble

Post by JonathonWyble »

vareu wrote:Ow, you are talking about IE v6.0. But what about v8.0 - is there the same problem with it?
When it comes to different versions of a program for a certain operating system, then I don't think it would have the same problem as another version. I guess I just thought you were asking about IE6 updates, since you were asking that question to the person who mentioned updates for IE6...

yourepicfailure
Donator

Post by yourepicfailure »

I remember the site worked with a 2k system on ie5 without the high encryption hotfix.

To be expected from a site that uses basic php and html without heavy scripting.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!