Batch converting ESD's to ISO

Discussion of beta and abandonware topics not fit for the other forums goes here.
tt.nach

Batch converting ESD's to ISO

Post by tt.nach »

Is there a program that can batch convert a bunch of ESD's to ISO? I'm aware of gus's tools and the other ways to make an ISO out of an ESD but I'm looking for something that can just scan through a folder and convert every single file to an ISO. Recently, I downloaded a bunch of ESD's from MS for Windows 10, around 80 files, and having to go through each one manually would be a pain.

yourepicfailure
Donator

Re: Batch converting ESD's to ISO

Post by yourepicfailure »

I would think rigging a batch file that would pass every single *.esd to a command line converter would do the trick. If you want I could come up with one in a tad bit.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

tt.nach

Post by tt.nach »

Yeah that would be a good solution, only problem is that I'm not aware of any arguments that could be passed using the current tools out there although they do probably exist. I haven't touched batch or PowerShell myself in years so it'd be greatly appreciated if you could come up with one. Would also be really useful to the community too.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Use Gus' tools and adapt it with your own batch file to input each ESD to the tool.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Blizzardo1
Donator

Post by Blizzardo1 »

You could also use the power of Powershell to get an array of the files you want to convert, then write a function that calls the converter program with the arguments you want, plus the file you want converted.

Code: Select all

function ConvertFile([string]$file) {
  & convert.exe -a -r -g -s $file #or what ever the arguments call for
}

$files = [IO.Directory]::GetFiles("Path to your ESDs", "*.esd")

foreach($file in $files) {
  ConvertFile $file
}
Something on the lines of this