FTP contribution guidelines clarification needed

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
EoflaOE

FTP contribution guidelines clarification needed

Post by EoflaOE »

So basically I have a beta version of Windows that I don't have its CD, but downloaded from the Internet. Can the CD scan be omitted when uploading my contribution to FTP upload server in this case?

Edness
Donator

Re: FTP contribution guidelines clarification needed

Post by Edness »

For FTP access, no. You still need something original, whether it's beta/pre-release or a final/retail game, program or OS following the dumping and scanning guidelines. And given that you mentioned it being downloaded from the internet, chances are it's already on the FTP anyways
ATTENTION:
You are now reading my signature

Thank you for your attention!

Lucas Brooks

Post by Lucas Brooks »

No, no betas, betas doesn't count. You need something came with a floppy or a CD and you have to have at least a 600dpi scan.

gtgamer468

Post by gtgamer468 »

The general idea is that even though a software (whether it's a beta or a final version) can be downloaded as a digital copy, it's acceptable as long as it's not in the server already. Of course, when it comes to games, only final products for a PC, not a console, can be accepted. I remembered that there were people who gotten access by contributing a beta of a certain game. Also, there are still certain betas of Windows that hasn't been leaked yet. If someone who has possession of these builds decides to join this forum, they can choose to contribute this build and still get access to the servers.

JohnsterSpaceNT

Post by JohnsterSpaceNT »

Yeah. I recently transferred some software that wasn't in the server before a few days ago and now im just waiting for it to appear in the database.
What Makes Old Versions Of Windows So Interesting And Fun To Try Nowadays? Nostalgia!

ImageImageImage

My WIP Software Archive Project: Microsoft MSDN Disc Software Archive!
:beta: https://archive.org/details/microsoft-m ... re-archive :cool:

Lucas Brooks

Post by Lucas Brooks »

Read here: https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... 76#p421176
The bottom bit said: Special notice: Although we accept beta software on our FTP it's not acceptable as a FTP contribution title, for this only a copy of a retail title is acceptable.

EoflaOE

Post by EoflaOE »

Thanks for the answers! I will see what I can do.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

If anything is unclear if a release is good or not just PM me and tell me what you got and I will give you an answer. There are always exceptions to a rule ;).
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP