BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 24d, 18h, 15m | CPU: 62% | MEM: 5843MB of 11949MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: FTP and posting        Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:04 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows ME
Hello everyone at BetaArchive ! :D
I'm alexkidd11 from France (sorry for my english, I have very good wines here instead...)
So, I'm quite new to this forum & database. As a happy and just approved member of the FTP database, I'm still asking some little questions...
First, after having read a lot about the forum and database rules, I'm quite afraid about being banned for not having written 3 posts within 24 hours (or have I misunderstood the rules ?), still I would really want to try, I have quite a lot of French software and games to share with you guys.
Second, for my first upload and FTP application, I have uploaded the .mdf image with everything but the scans. Unfortunately, i misread the rules and forgot to scan and zip with the image files, and it has been rejected as the rules require. I uploaded then something else, a game, with the covers properly, and this time the application went fine.
The point is, I have been asked to complete my first upload, but I thrown the CD away just after upload, as i'm just keeping the image files on my drives... I unfortunately don't have any more the cover or CD scan to share... What is it gonna happen with this upload ? Is it right if I contact the admin, and if yes, how can I ?
Thank you in advance...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP and posting        Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:15 am 
Administrator

Hello, and welcome to BetaArchive!

No, you don't need to make 3 posts within 24 hours, so don't worry about that, you won't be banned. Post whenever you have something to say :).

If you don't have the original disc left then don't worry about it, I asked you to complete it so we could put it online as a complete release, but if you don't have it anymore then there's nothing that can be done. You've still fulfilled your contribution requirements anyway. As for the upload it may or may not be added to the FTP later on, but I am going to try to find a source for it first and see if it can be completed by someone else. And you can get in touch with me any time, either through a PM on this forum or on our discord channel. You can also email me, but PM or discord are the best ways.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP and posting        Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:23 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows ME
Okay, thank you for your answer mrpijey !

I obviously misread, I think I was too tired yesterday, sorry. Glad to be here anyways !

I'm seeking other versions of Encarta now, if I happen to find the cover and CD of the version I uploaded I'll let you know. For the moment, as a new user I'm not able to PM, but I'll get to it quickly I think. Now that's time to create a discord account :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP and posting        Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:24 pm 
FTP Access

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Existence

Favourite OS
Windows XP SP3, Windows 1.0 DR5
alexkidd11 wrote:
but I thrown the CD away just after upload

Why?

Top  Profile