Windows Applance 2002 Server banner found in build 3683

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
BetaTester954

Windows Applance 2002 Server banner found in build 3683

Post by BetaTester954 »

I thought i would share this interesting banner i found using Resource Hacker in Windows Longhorn 3683. Did this version ever exist? oddly enough it has the blue XP color rather than grey color of Server 2003. This was found in winbrand.dll

A user of Microsoft Windows also known as OSTOURS on youtube.

Sim31

Re: Windows Applance 2002 Server banner found in build 3683

Post by Sim31 »

I could be wrong but I think it had something to do with Web caching appliance based on ISA Server. Heres a quote I found from a longhorn article....

Microsoft is also expected to make several product announcements at Tech Ed. Fitting in with the software maker's security focus of the past couple of years is the official launch of Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2004, an application firewall and Web caching product. General availability of ISA Server 2004 is expected in July.

Celestix Networks Inc., a Microsoft partner, is planning to unveil a firewall, VPN (virtual private network) and Web caching appliance based on ISA Server 2004. Research firm Gartner Inc. recently critiqued Microsoft in a research note, saying that a firewall should be an appliance, not a server. The Celestix product appears to address those concerns.

Source:https://www.itworld.com/article/2802794 ... ch-ed.html

Maybe they were initially going to call it "Windows .NET Appliance Server" but later on decided to just go with ISA Server 2004 but from going through so much beta's in the past, I dont remember it ever being released, thats if they even developed it with that name.

TheCharizard31

Post by TheCharizard31 »

How did you get Resource Hacker working ? It don't work for me.

TheCharizard31

BetaTester954

Post by BetaTester954 »

TheCharizard31 wrote:How did you get Resource Hacker working ? It don't work for me.

TheCharizard31
i fixed it by setting the compatibility mode to Windows XP.
A user of Microsoft Windows also known as OSTOURS on youtube.