Windows 8 Milestone 1 (Build 7850) Activation?

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Sim31

Windows 8 Milestone 1 (Build 7850) Activation?

Post by Sim31 »

Was wondering if anyone had any solutions or point me to the right direction on getting rid of the activation in Windows 8 Milestone 1 (Build 7850)? I have searched google high end and to the low and came across dozens of broken links and such for the specific KMS Activator (Exclusive just to this build) made by Janek2012 over at MDL (they even give credit to BetaArchive here in the activator it self) and seems that has been lost in the wild.

If activators here for beta builds is prohibited, I apologize in advanced but considering its beta and this is not for a RTM version of Windows 8/8.1 or 10, I thought from past history on post I have searched here from users pointing people to the right direction, I assumed its ok.

Omicron

Re: Windows 8 Milestone 1 (Build 7850) Activation?

Post by Omicron »

I'm fairly interested in this as well, but going into detail I believe is still indeed against the BA forum rules - don't quote me though. This version is interesting as it is the most Windows 7 version of the Betas that were released, and actually has a working inbox generic xHCI and Hub driver.

Still wish I could do the classic theme on it (aside from just disabling the themes service which yields that ugly thick border fallback on the Server 7850 version.)

Sim31

Post by Sim31 »

Omicron wrote:I'm fairly interested in this as well, but going into detail I believe is still indeed against the BA forum rules - don't quote me though. This version is interesting as it is the most Windows 7 version of the Betas that were released, and actually has a working inbox generic xHCI and Hub driver.

Still wish I could do the classic theme on it (aside from just disabling the themes service which yields that ugly thick border fallback on the Server 7850 version.)
I tried 7927 and 7955 and they seemed to use a little more excessive memory then 7950 does. The one thing that pops out at me in the M1, M2 and M3 builds is that they had this "User Tile" in the bottom right hand corner next to the clock. I didn't find any details on any wiki article I read with these builds on what the initial plan was with that before they scrapped it but visually, thats one thing I liked about these builds.

But going back on the subject, usually you will find remnants of old mods, registry entries, etc you can add to old builds but for some reason, seems like the activator or even a up to date one would be easy to find for this, but seems like any way to do that has became non existent on the internet with no results that leads to fake websites (mostly them fake malware filled blogs) and then if you do find a link, its broken from being 8 years or more years old.

gtgamer468

Post by gtgamer468 »

I had no luck on this either, sadly and I even tried Wayback Machine. It's very unlikely that someone does have a copy of it. Sharing it of course is against forum rules, but someone could simply PM you for it.

Applegame12345

Post by Applegame12345 »

gtgamer468 wrote:I had no luck on this either, sadly and I even tried Wayback Machine. It's very unlikely that someone does have a copy of it. Sharing it of course is against forum rules, but someone could simply PM you for it.
I do have it. But it works only on 7850 Enterprise.
>>click here<< for some wiki editing

yourepicfailure
Donator

Post by yourepicfailure »

Open the exe with 7zip. This will tell you what files it replaces. Use the equivalents from 7RTM, of whatever flavor you chose, to debomb it.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

Sim31

Post by Sim31 »

Applegame12345 wrote:
gtgamer468 wrote:I had no luck on this either, sadly and I even tried Wayback Machine. It's very unlikely that someone does have a copy of it. Sharing it of course is against forum rules, but someone could simply PM you for it.
yourepicfailure wrote:Open the exe with 7zip. This will tell you what files it replaces. Use the equivalents from 7RTM, of whatever flavor you chose, to debomb it.
Thanks for your alls input! Someone messaged me on here a few days ago and sent me the file and worked without a hitch!

Also, the person who sent me the file said that it only works on Enterprise, I thought, "what the heck, I'll try the activator on Starter and Home Basic edition of this build and it worked perfectly also, just to double make sure, i rebooted both editions after activation and it was showing activated no problem, so im assuming it would work on the other editions with no problem also and not just exclusive to Enterprise.

I hope this helps! :)

Applegame12345

Post by Applegame12345 »

Sim31 wrote:
Applegame12345 wrote:
yourepicfailure wrote:Open the exe with 7zip. This will tell you what files it replaces. Use the equivalents from 7RTM, of whatever flavor you chose, to debomb it.
Thanks for your alls input! Someone messaged me on here a few days ago and sent me the file and worked without a hitch!

Also, the person who sent me the file said that it only works on Enterprise, I thought, "what the heck, I'll try the activator on Starter and Home Basic edition of this build and it worked perfectly also, just to double make sure, i rebooted both editions after activation and it was showing activated no problem, so im assuming it would work on the other editions with no problem also and not just exclusive to Enterprise.

Well the crack itself includes tokens for Enterprise SKU only.
>>click here<< for some wiki editing

Sim31

Post by Sim31 »

Applegame12345 wrote:
Sim31 wrote:
Applegame12345 wrote:

Well the crack itself includes tokens for Enterprise SKU only.
Strange that it works. Right after I used the activator, I have been using it exclusively for some radar software only connected online on a old thin client PC and I have left it on for 3 days now and just rebooted it a few moments ago, still shows activated and no "Non-genuine" stuff is coming up.... Its a mystery on how its working with no problem! :-[

Sim31

Post by Sim31 »

Ok, I did a test and found that the activator works not only with just Enterprise but with all the x86 editions of Build 7850. Now trying the x64 editions of this specific build, the activator tries to but it just simply fails.

I think when the first leaked copy of 7850 came out, I believe it was the enterprise edition in the 32 bit flavor as I understand and the authors made a activator for it, then later on when the other editions in 32 bit leaked (Home Premium, Home basic, etc) it happened to work on there also.

I hope this helps anyone in the future that may come across this topic.

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

Sim31 wrote:Ok, I did a test and found that the activator works not only with just Enterprise but with all the x86 editions of Build 7850. Now trying the x64 editions of this specific build, the activator tries to but it just simply fails.
If the activator is an x86 application, this problem could be caused by WOW64 causing accesses to %windir%\system32 to be redirected to %windir%\syswow64.
AlphaBeta, stop brainwashing me immediately!

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

May I remind everyone that requesting cracks/bypass software and distributing them through BetaArchive is strictly against our rules!

Topic has been cleaned out and warnings has been issued. Mind you, these are one time warnings only!
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP