Porting Longhorn Notifications to Windows XP

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
Kimberly5384

Porting Longhorn Notifications to Windows XP

Post by Kimberly5384 »

How would I go about porting the desktop notifications (with the timer) from Windows Longhorn to XP? And could I also make it so that the application icons do the same animation like they did in earlier longhorn builds?

Legends say if you read this signature, you'll come across good fortune. Lucky you!

Wheatley
Donator

Re: Porting Longhorn Notifications to Windows XP

Post by Wheatley »

You probably can't do it by yourself. This type of port would require extensive modifications to system files to work properly. Straight-up transplanting Longhorn files would be problematic as well, because you would need to transplant their dependencies, which eventually would mean installing a very broken Longhorn manually.
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

DBlake
Donator
Location: Two lefts and a diagonal sidestep from where you are.

Post by DBlake »

I do seem to remember an app that brought the LH-style toasts to Vista (and maybe XP).

Valerio

Post by Valerio »

DBlake wrote:I do seem to remember an app that brought the LH-style toasts to Vista (and maybe XP).
Ave's Glass Toasts or something perhaps?