Windows "Tiger" referenced in Italian Wikipedia

Discuss Windows 95, 98 and ME.
MotorolaFLARE

Windows "Tiger" referenced in Italian Wikipedia

Post by MotorolaFLARE »

On the official Italian Windows XP's Development Page on Wikipedia, there's is a curiosity section who says:

Whistler nella sua evoluzione ha cambiato logo ed interfaccia grafica. Inoltre, la sua interfaccia grafica fu copiata in Windows Tiger, una versione di Windows 9.x che si doveva chiamare Windows Me SE, ma mai rilasciata

Translates to

Whistler during his evolution changed logo and graphic interface. Also, the Whistler's graphic interface was copied in Windows Tiger, a version of Windows 9x that was should be called Windows Millenium Edition SE, but was never released.

Fake or not? You Decide.

C'è solo l'Inter, AMALA!

TheCollector1988
Donator

Re: Windows "Tiger" referenced in Italian Wikipedia

Post by TheCollector1988 »

That's actually a fake.

Valerio

Post by Valerio »

There is this source listed in that page, take a look at it. https://betanews.com/2000/06/21/microso ... ows-tiger/
I don't really know if that source is reliable or not. I've never heard of all of this.

yourepicfailure
Donator

Post by yourepicfailure »

Which directs to The Register, which even doubts it.

So putting aside the sensational news site, there is no hard evidence to support it.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

DanielOosterhuis
Donator

Post by DanielOosterhuis »

All that's seemingly known about Tiger is that it was some project that Microsoft worked on. That's, as said, no guarantee it was a codename for an operating system, let alone if it had even left any sort of planning stages and went into development. Now, this is speculation on my part, but if Microsoft's past cat-based codenames are any indication, Tiger could have been a planned component of some sort for ME, as certain (planned) components of Windows 95 had been codenamed "Cougar", "Jaguar" and "Panther". Microsoft codenames that fall in some sort of line tend to be consistent, although exceptions to that certainly do exist.
MCSA: Windows Server 2016 (70-740, 70-741, 70-742)
MTA: 98-349, 98-365

MotorolaFLARE

Post by MotorolaFLARE »

MotorolaFLARE wrote:On the official Italian Windows XP's Development Page on Wikipedia, there's is a curiosity section who says:

Whistler nella sua evoluzione ha cambiato logo ed interfaccia grafica. Inoltre, la sua interfaccia grafica fu copiata in Windows Tiger, una versione di Windows 9.x che si doveva chiamare Windows Me SE, ma mai rilasciata

Translates to

Whistler during his evolution changed logo and graphic interface. Also, the Whistler's graphic interface was copied in Windows Tiger, a version of Windows 9x that was should be called Windows Millenium Edition SE, but was never released.

Fake or not? You Decide.

As of 19/03/2019, the fake "Windows Tiger" text was removed.

C'è solo l'Inter, AMALA!