BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 1d, 3h, 27m | CPU: 22% | MEM: 5670MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Weather Gadget on Windows Sidebar        Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:32 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
are there anyone on here that can fix this old weather gadget called the "Window View" i found on deviantart to work? i have no clue as to how or what code is used.any help would be great. ;)

here is the link to the page: https://www.deviantart.com/lishaolan/ar ... r-68130585

ImageImage

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Weather Gadget on Windows Sidebar        Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:57 am 

Favourite OS
Windows Vista
That's not even an official gadget. Not a very well made unofficial one, either. Some of the text clips off the box.
Anyhow, I'm guessing it might be based on the same weather service that the official weather gadget has. Check if it has any XML files.

#8032forbrian came true

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Weather Gadget on Windows Sidebar        Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:12 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
beta.a.brian wrote:
That's not even an official gadget. Not a very well made unofficial one, either. Some of the text clips off the box.
Anyhow, I'm guessing it might be based on the same weather service that the official weather gadget has. Check if it has any XML files.

it does have one :
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <gadget>
<name>Weather</name>
- <namespace>
- <!-- _locComment_text="{Locked}"
-->
microsoft.windows
</namespace>
- <version>
-->
</version>
- <author name="Vico and Jérémy">
<info url="http://www.aeroxp.org" text="www.aeroxp.org" />
<logo src="logo.png" />
</author>
- <copyright>
-->
© 2007
</copyright>
<description>See what the weather looks like anywhere in the world. Concept origin : Windows Vista Build 5365, Gadget Core creators : thevista.ru ; Translation and New features : Vico ; Fit and Finish, font looks etc. : Jérémy</description>
- <icons>
<icon height="48" width="48" src="images/icon.png" />
</icons>
<version value="2.0.0" MinPlatformVersion="0.1" />
- <hosts>
- <host name="sidebar">
<base type="html" apiVersion="1.0.0" src="weather.html" />
- <permissions>
-->
full
</permissions>
<platform minPlatformVersion="0.1" />
</host>
</hosts>
</gadget>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i didnt say it was official just wanted someone to get it working again.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Weather Gadget on Windows Sidebar        Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:33 am 
FTP Access

Haven't had the time to look at it yet by it might be because the server was down. Also, what is your Windows version?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Weather Gadget on Windows Sidebar        Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:25 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
i have xp with all post xp sp4 updates with the last sidebar installed,plus i run windows 7 home.but it works on niether.there both x86 but that shouldnt matter. i would think the server in which they made it to get the weather dont work anymore.maybe someone can change it to one that does.i didnt make the gadget as i only found it.but i remember it working when it was made. the link to it is in the first post.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Weather Gadget on Windows Sidebar        Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:02 am 
FTP Access

XP SP4? What? I guess you are using the unofficial one...

Looks like the problem is not caused by the web page and you will have to look through the javascript and see try to fix it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Weather Gadget on Windows Sidebar        Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:22 pm 

Favourite OS
OS\2 Warp 4.5
alpha.burton wrote:
are there anyone on here that can fix this old weather gadget called the "Window View" i found on deviantart to work? i have no clue as to how or what code is used.any help would be great. ;)

here is the link to the page: https://www.deviantart.com/lishaolan/ar ... r-68130585

ImageImage

Open with 7-Zip, go to EN-US and go to the folder "include", open weather.js and edit the complete url (xoap.weather.com) with http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/

C'è solo l'Inter, AMALA!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Weather Gadget on Windows Sidebar        Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:00 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
MotorolaFLARE wrote:
alpha.burton wrote:

ImageImage

Open with 7-Zip, go to EN-US and go to the folder "include", open weather.js and edit the complete url (xoap.weather.com) with http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/

Still does'nt work at least not for me.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Weather Gadget on Windows Sidebar        Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:55 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
Does anyone else have any ideals on getting this gadget to work? i tried changing what MotorolaFLARE said to but as per my screenshot it still dont work.any help on this would be great.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Weather Gadget on Windows Sidebar        Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:06 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
Still looking to get this gadget working,tried what MotorolaFlare Said as my previous post and als tried to contact the one who posted it on deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/lishaolan/ar ... r-68130585 but no answer.any help would be great as i have no clue to fixing this.but i do remember it working back when it was made years ago.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Weather Gadget on Windows Sidebar        Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:33 pm 

Favourite OS
OS\2 Warp 4.5
I will install Vista and try to make it work.

C'è solo l'Inter, AMALA!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Weather Gadget on Windows Sidebar        Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:03 pm 

Favourite OS
OS\2 Warp 4.5
FIXED! :OD :OD ;)

Download here (Direct): https://anonfile.com/I103sfd7nc/the_win ... lan_gadget
City search doesn't work right now :cry:

C'è solo l'Inter, AMALA!

Last edited by MotorolaFLARE on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Weather Gadget on Windows Sidebar        Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:40 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
MotorolaFLARE wrote:
FIXED! :OD :OD ;)

Download here (Direct): https://github.com/Kowoll/repository/ra ... lan.gadget

City search doesn't work right now :cry:

can one add there city someway?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Weather Gadget on Windows Sidebar        Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:13 pm 

Favourite OS
OS\2 Warp 4.5
You can add your own city, Go to the gadget settings and go to weather.com and search your city, and then copy the code in the url (example ITXX0067) in to the gadget and it will sync

C'è solo l'Inter, AMALA!

Top  Profile