[REQUEST] Windows NT 4.0 post-sp6a-srp updates

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
User5274

[REQUEST] Windows NT 4.0 post-sp6a-srp updates

Post by User5274 »

Hello, I am looking for all updates released for Windows NT 4.0 Workstation (ENG and RUS) after SRP and before official end of support. I've already found needed links, but lots of them are broken and not saved in wayback machine. Could you help, please?
https://msfn.org/board/topic/109439-sli ... 6a/?page=5

trashmaster76

Re: [REQUEST] Windows NT 4.0 post-sp6a-srp updates

Post by trashmaster76 »

You can find english and german post-SP6 updates on the servers the University of Regensburg (link)
IMPORTANT: Choose the links labeled with "Download" on the right side or those labeled "US" or "US-Version".

DonaltDuck

Post by DonaltDuck »

i have done a mirror from the old ftp.microsoft.com server (offline since ~ 1/2 year)

\ftp_microsoft_com\bussys\winnt\winnt-public\fixes\

Code: Select all

ar\
bra\
chp\
chs\
cht\
cze\
dan\
ew\
fin\
frn\
ger\
hun\
ita\
jpn\
kor\
met\
nld\
nor\
pol\
rus\
spa\
sve\
th\
usa\
ALTERNATE-SITE.txt
desktop.ini
README.TXT
eg.
sha1 for the RUS and USA folder /subfolder/files
Removed by moderator

all later released fixes are published on the (new) MS-Downloadcenter
Last edited by Gnome on Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use Pastebin for long items.

User5274

Post by User5274 »

Thank you, but I also need updates for Russian version (everything after SRP, because it already covers previous patches together with SP6A)

DonaltDuck

Post by DonaltDuck »

User5274 wrote:Thank you, but I also need updates for Russian version (everything after SRP, because it already covers previous patches together with SP6A)
do you checlk / notice the folders
Hotfixes-PostSP6a for zus and usa ?

pool7

Post by pool7 »

DonaltDuck wrote:i have done a mirror from the old ftp.microsoft.com server (offline since ~ 1/2 year)
Is this mirror available somewhere?

User5274

Post by User5274 »

Here is my list: https://pastebin.com/CF1CSaXE
I found only 15 files out of 36... (for Russian NT Workstation SP6a with SRP,)

os2fan2
Donator

Post by os2fan2 »

I am os2fan2 at msfn, so there is a good number of my posts there too.

I have a complete, unpacked set of the english fixpacks, along with a number of secret ones, all laid out in sequence. The idea was to construct a unified .INF file for the service pack, and then process that into the source tapes.

The project was eventually put on hold, waiting for the 3.51 slipstream, + new computer + mother's dimentia put it on hold for a few years.

os2fan2
Donator

Post by os2fan2 »

I'm uploading my working data for the winnt351 and winnt40 slipstreams. It is much more complete than the download lists suggest. For example, a lot of optional fixes are included too, as well as some third-party fixes. (eg qbasic does not look at the a: drive every time it opens a file).

It's 160 mb iso, reduced by using -duplicates-once from 240 mb.

All sorts of goodies, like booting 351 from a cdrom, and fat32 and hpfs for 40.

Also includes the nt5 boot to c: thing, as a bootable nt4 disk, left in the cd drive, will install nt4 over whatever is in the hard drive. Gosh i have seen this happen.

Some of the fix-packs have no INF or hotfix info. These were read off a copy of fdv's slipstreamed disk, and allocated to hotfix directories. Some hot fixes are empty, because they are replaced by later hotfixes.

Download at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PjCjrF ... sp=sharing

jimmsta
Donator

Post by jimmsta »

os2fan2 wrote:I'm uploading my working data for the winnt351 and winnt40 slipstreams. It is much more complete than the download lists suggest. For example, a lot of optional fixes are included too, as well as some third-party fixes. (eg qbasic does not look at the a: drive every time it opens a file).

It's 160 mb iso, reduced by using -duplicates-once from 240 mb.

All sorts of goodies, like booting 351 from a cdrom, and fat32 and hpfs for 40.

Also includes the nt5 boot to c: thing, as a bootable nt4 disk, left in the cd drive, will install nt4 over whatever is in the hard drive. Gosh i have seen this happen.

Some of the fix-packs have no INF or hotfix info. These were read off a copy of fdv's slipstreamed disk, and allocated to hotfix directories. Some hot fixes are empty, because they are replaced by later hotfixes.

Download at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PjCjrF ... sp=sharing
I've followed your work for so many years. Glad to see this little gem released in some way :D
16 years of BA experience; I refurbish old electronics, and archive diskettes with a KryoFlux. My posting history is 16 years of educated speculation and autism.