Where do I upload files on the original FTP?

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
JonathonWyble

Where do I upload files on the original FTP?

Post by JonathonWyble »

Now that I have FTP Access and I no longer need to use the upload server to upload releases to the BetaArchive FTP, I was wondering where I can upload it to. Can I just use the original server and upload a file to the desired folder/directly? Or do I have to do something different than that? Because I would like to know in case I ever wanted to upload a release to the FTP.

Note: I know this might be a frequently asked question on BetaArchive, but I was just asking this so that I could get a bit of reference from some of you guys. ;)

WILSON2bGg
Donator

Re: Where do I upload files on the original FTP?

Post by WILSON2bGg »

Once you have access, go to FTP Access and click the "Update Permissions" button. This will add an upload folder to your FTP. EDIT: Then do typical process of make a folder with your username and upload in there.

Hey what's up

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

mrpijey wrote:
WILSON2bGg wrote:EDIT: Then do typical process of make a folder with your username and upload in there.
Do not do that. If you use your personal account creating a folder with your name is not necessary as it's already uploaded to a personal account.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

JonathonWyble

Post by JonathonWyble »

WILSON2bGg wrote:Once you have access, go to FTP Access and click the "Update Permissions" button. This will add an upload folder to your FTP. EDIT: Then do typical process of make a folder with your username and upload in there.

Okay, I'll try that. Also, I already have FTP Access, so I was asking how to upload to the regular FTP server as I don't need to use the upload server anymore, like I said.
mrpijey wrote:
mrpijey wrote:
WILSON2bGg wrote:EDIT: Then do typical process of make a folder with your username and upload in there.
Do not do that. If you use your personal account creating a folder with your name is not necessary as it's already uploaded to a personal account.
I'm guessing I already have an upload folder in my FTP account. Where do I locate that folder? And does it automatically assign itself to a proper directory once it's uploaded, or do I have to assign the file's directory folder myself?

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

When you login you should have an Upload folder where you put your uploads in.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

JonathonWyble

Post by JonathonWyble »

Done. I went to the FTP Servers page, clicked on the "Update Permissions" button, and I managed to have it create my own upload folder; when I went to update my FTP permissions, it said something like this:
Updating permissions:
No upload folders exist...
Creating upload folders...
Permissions updated
And so, I went to the previous page (the FTP Servers page), and I finally found my upload folder. It worked!