BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 8d, 20h, 20m | CPU: 19% | MEM: 6582MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Minimum upload requirements?        Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:40 am 

Favourite OS
Windows XP Home with SP3 x86
If I upload old software, obviously I need the software itself, but I'm pretty sure I need to have a description and screenshots or that kind of thing too. And I'm guessing the requirements are standardized. So for the description do I need a text file with a certain minimum and maximum word count? And how many screen shots do I need? That kinda thing is what I need to know. I have an old abandonware game from 1990, and I'd like to send it in, but I don't want my upload to be rejected.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Minimum upload requirements?        Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:27 am 

Favourite OS
Michael Jackson's OS
There's no minimum size limit to upload files to the FTP. You can upload them whether it's 1 MB or 50 GB.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Minimum upload requirements?        Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:03 am 

Favourite OS
LarryTN7722 wrote:
There's no minimum size limit to upload files to the FTP. You can upload them whether it's 1 MB or 50 GB.

Did you read my entire post, or just the title and then respond based on what you guessed my post was about? My post had NOTHING to do with file size. I asked what is the minimum specs on suppoprting files? How many screenshots do I need to include? Is it required I send a text file with a description? How long should that description be? Etc.

Please let me know the answer to this question.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Minimum upload requirements?        Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:24 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows NT 3.x
You're assuming BetaArchive is like some kind of school assignment where you have to write a minimum of 300 words. It's not.

In general it's not your job to describe the software you're uploading, unless it's some kind of super obscure software that you can't find any information on the Internet on, or it's a beta that needs a special product key, or there are other special considerations, i. e. special installation procedure. But in general, no. Describing software is what Wikipedia and some other wikis are there for.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Minimum upload requirements?        Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:23 am 
Donator

It's all here everything to do with uploading to the ftp, really all you need is a good dump with log using alcohol 120% and scanner images at least 600dpi of the CD sleeve CD itself and box if possible
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=32742

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Minimum upload requirements?        Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:53 pm 
Administrator

Well, if you can provide info about the title you upload, like a generic description of the product, that would be appreciated. But it's not a requirement.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Minimum upload requirements?        Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:21 am 

Favourite OS
skywalker06 wrote:
It's all here everything to do with uploading to the ftp, really all you need is a good dump with log using alcohol 120% and scanner images at least 600dpi of the CD sleeve CD itself and box if possible
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=32742

My upload is going to be from an old DOS game from a floppy. Not a CD. What are the requirements for floppy games?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Minimum upload requirements?        Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:45 pm 
Administrator

Same as for discs. Proper image and proper scan from original floppy. It's all in the guide.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW