Minimum upload requirements?

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
Videogamer555

Minimum upload requirements?

Post by Videogamer555 »

If I upload old software, obviously I need the software itself, but I'm pretty sure I need to have a description and screenshots or that kind of thing too. And I'm guessing the requirements are standardized. So for the description do I need a text file with a certain minimum and maximum word count? And how many screen shots do I need? That kinda thing is what I need to know. I have an old abandonware game from 1990, and I'd like to send it in, but I don't want my upload to be rejected.

LarryTN7722

Re: Minimum upload requirements?

Post by LarryTN7722 »

There's no minimum size limit to upload files to the FTP. You can upload them whether it's 1 MB or 50 GB.

Videogamer555

Post by Videogamer555 »

LarryTN7722 wrote:There's no minimum size limit to upload files to the FTP. You can upload them whether it's 1 MB or 50 GB.
Did you read my entire post, or just the title and then respond based on what you guessed my post was about? My post had NOTHING to do with file size. I asked what is the minimum specs on suppoprting files? How many screenshots do I need to include? Is it required I send a text file with a description? How long should that description be? Etc.

Please let me know the answer to this question.

3155ffGd

Post by 3155ffGd »

You're assuming BetaArchive is like some kind of school assignment where you have to write a minimum of 300 words. It's not.

In general it's not your job to describe the software you're uploading, unless it's some kind of super obscure software that you can't find any information on the Internet on, or it's a beta that needs a special product key, or there are other special considerations, i. e. special installation procedure. But in general, no. Describing software is what Wikipedia and some other wikis are there for.

skywalker06
Donator

Post by skywalker06 »

It's all here everything to do with uploading to the ftp, really all you need is a good dump with log using alcohol 120% and scanner images at least 600dpi of the CD sleeve CD itself and box if possible
https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... 39&t=32742

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Well, if you can provide info about the title you upload, like a generic description of the product, that would be appreciated. But it's not a requirement.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Videogamer555

Post by Videogamer555 »

skywalker06 wrote:It's all here everything to do with uploading to the ftp, really all you need is a good dump with log using alcohol 120% and scanner images at least 600dpi of the CD sleeve CD itself and box if possible
https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... 39&t=32742
My upload is going to be from an old DOS game from a floppy. Not a CD. What are the requirements for floppy games?

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Same as for discs. Proper image and proper scan from original floppy. It's all in the guide.

Videogamer555

Post by Videogamer555 »

mrpijey wrote:Same as for discs. Proper image and proper scan from original floppy. It's all in the guide.
Unfortunately I don't own a scanner. Can I get away with just taking a picture of it with a digital camera?

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Read the guide.