Where can I get iOS 6 themes without jailbreaking?

Discuss all iOS versions.
EvanKTC

Where can I get iOS 6 themes without jailbreaking?

Post by EvanKTC »

Hey there, I have an iPad with iOS 12 on it, but I prefer the iOS 6 look more, and I don't want to jailbreak my iPad, where is a good place I can get the themes?
Dell Inspiron 5379
Intel i5-8250U
8GB RAM
256GB SSD + 2TB External HDD
Two 1920x1080 monitors
Kubuntu 21.10

Resident007

Re: Where can I get iOS 6 themes without jailbreaking?

Post by Resident007 »

If you want your iOS 12 to look like iOS 6 (including icons, app interface etc.) then it’s impossible without jailbreak.

gtgamer468

Post by gtgamer468 »

I don't suppose that an iOS 12 jailbreak is coming by anytime soon? I too have an iPad that's running in iOS 12.1 and I intend to jailbreak it.

MrBurgerKing

Post by MrBurgerKing »

Some have claimed to break 12.0.1, but nothing on 12.1 yet (from any legit groups). Apple closes loopholes with every update, and does pretty much everything in their power to stop jailbreaking. If you actually want to jailbreak your device, avoid updating and save your ssh blobs.
The easiest way to do that is through this site:
https://tsssaver.1conan.com/

yourepicfailure
Donator

Post by yourepicfailure »

Still have an SE with ios 9.3. And a 5C with ios 7.1.2. Both jailbroke heheh. Need to fix my ios 10 5s, app support is dwindling.

No, you must jailbreak your phone. Custom themes require root access.
Even jailbroken, the ios 6 themes of the days still weren't perfect. I could never get the icon sizes right, and many portions of the os remained unskinned. Plus most themes use Anemone nowadays, and that's trash compared to how well Winterboard worked in the pre-ios 7 days. Probably due to how IOS has changed.

As far as IOS 12.1 jailbreak Alibaba always has one but they sell their exploits to the highest bidder (Apple), as does everyone else who finds one.
There is a safari exploit for <12.1.1, so someone could write another jailbreakme site if they find a way to use it to install substrate, provided the exploit provides root access though it works mostly for macos anyways (and jailbreaks are more complicated than that). Then there's the sandbox escape one but still <12.1... Either way, IOS 12 carries a lot of optimizations and patches (lots of anti jb ones btw). If you can, stick to the lowest ios 12 build you can get, which is sadly 12.1.1.

Last edited by yourepicfailure on Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

MrBurgerKing

Post by MrBurgerKing »

That only creates safari shortcuts on the home screen. Then again, jailbreak themes can't change that much either nowadays.

SonicIn2022

Post by SonicIn2022 »

EvanKTC, you can just upgrade to iPadOS 15 and install the Siri Shortcuts if you don't have them yet. You may request an approval from your parents if you are under 18. Then download iOS 6 icons from Google Images. Then create shortcuts opening apps you want, then click the button which adds the shortcut to the Springboard (AKA home screen), then pick the icon you've just downloaded, then rename the shortcut icon to the name of the app (or if it is an app which was named differently during the times of iOS 6, the name of it as of 2012), then click the Add button. Then download the wallpaper from Google Images. Then apply it using Settings. Then you can turn on bold fonts and change the lock screen. :D