Is the BetaArchive wiki dead?

Discussion of beta and abandonware topics not fit for the other forums goes here.
WILSON2bGg
Donator

Is the BetaArchive wiki dead?

Post by WILSON2bGg »

Since I have applied it seems like I am the only one adding to it. Is it no longer used and forgotten or has no one added to it?
Hey what's up

gtgamer468

Re: Is the BetaArchive wiki dead?

Post by gtgamer468 »

I think that it only needs a major overhaul and members like you who can add in more content and I really appreciate it and I believe other members would as well, including the admins. ;)

ATeamInc

Post by ATeamInc »

WILSON2bGg wrote:Since I have applied it seems like I am the only one adding to it. Is it no longer used and forgotten or has no one added to it?
I think most members (like me) are branching off to BetaWiki.

ovctvct

Post by ovctvct »

WILSON2bGg wrote:Since I have applied it seems like I am the only one adding to it. Is it no longer used and forgotten or has no one added to it?
You've pretty much answered yourself.

WILSON2bGg
Donator

Post by WILSON2bGg »

ovctvct wrote:
You've pretty much answered yourself.
Yes maybe I did but I will continue to add to it when I am bored
Hey what's up

DobaMuffin

Post by DobaMuffin »

I'm not sure if it's been forgotten or not, but I do know that keeping a wiki up to date can be exhausting. People also forget about it sometimes, and life also gets in the way. Though I think the biggest reason why it seems any wiki would be dead is because people tend to only want to look at a wiki, and not add to it. So the info never gets updated and it just drifts further and further into a dead state.

As long as the occasional person adds to it, and makes sure it's all correct, it should do fine.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Remember that the wiki is only as good as the people who contribute to it. If you want it to stay alive you have to contribute to it. We intend to link the wiki in with the archive database in future so it's a resource worth keeping.

gtgamer468

Post by gtgamer468 »

By any chance, would be possible if we can take in material from The Collection Book? It already has documented extensive information and screenshots as well for many builds in many different projects. We can just ask Ron Jansen if he approves the idea.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Not if it's a direct copy no. That's plagiarism. Rob has done an amazing job on collection book so I doubt he'd give permission.

longhornwhistler
Donator

Post by longhornwhistler »

Things like product keys and BIOS dates should be alright though. There are multiple builds in our wiki that don't have product keys and bios dates that need attention.
"Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations." - Steve Jobs

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqZBjx ... C1dNISF8ZQ

WILSON2bGg
Donator

Post by WILSON2bGg »

gabegriggs1 wrote:Things like product keys and BIOS dates should be alright though. There are multiple builds in our wiki that don't have product keys and bios dates that need attention.
Most of the builds that don't have DATES or keys are stubbed. If you want to go through and add them, you can but don't remove the stub category. I will be attempting to add pictures with some builds.
Hey what's up