[OFFER] Windows XP Starter Edition SP2 (en, es, ru)

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
Lucas Brooks

[OFFER] Windows XP Starter Edition SP2 (en, es, ru)

Post by Lucas Brooks »

Hi everyone, am new to this forum and I would like to share Windows XP Starter Edition SP2 in 3 languages on BetaArchive. I am not sure if they are on the FTP server already (as I don't have FTP access) or they are rare/valuable enough to be accepted, so please tell me if it will be accepted or not.

Regards,
ComputerHunter

3155ffGd

Re: [OFFER] Windows XP Starter Edition SP2 (en, es, ru)

Post by 3155ffGd »

You can use the new database feature for searches: https://www.betaarchive.com/database/

Searching the database, we only have Starter SP3 English and Starter SP2 Spanish and that's it. Starter is generally a very uncommon version so your contribution would gladly be accepted.

Lucas Brooks

Post by Lucas Brooks »

Hi, thanks for the reply, where should I upload the files?

Regards,
ComputerHunter

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

To our upload server please, or if you upload them to a fileshare host and PM me the links. FTP details are on the FTP page (links at the top).

Thanks.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Lucas Brooks

Post by Lucas Brooks »

Hi, I am upload those files but I've got extremely slow internet and by the rate of 15 kb/s. it will take a long time.

Regards,
ComputerHunter

Lucas Brooks

Post by Lucas Brooks »

Now, a few more week passed, still can't upload in one go. Is it possible to upload it to Mega?

BTW, I don't think those starter editions are rare enough, also you need a key to install, without a key it won't let you pass. They are so bad that you can't even install it on 86Box, PCem, VirtualBox, VMware or Microsoft VPC, you can only install it on a physical machine with less than 512 MB RAM and specified CPU.

ATeamInc

Post by ATeamInc »

ComputerHunter wrote: BTW, I don't think those starter editions are rare enough, also you need a key to install, without a key it won't let you pass. They are so bad that you can't even install it on 86Box, PCem, VirtualBox, VMware or Microsoft VPC, you can only install it on a physical machine with less than 512 MB RAM and specified CPU.
As far as I am concerned, Starter works fine in VMware with 256mb on my i7-4700MQ laptop @3.40 Ghz. What is the machine you are running this on? Technically speaking with the correct config in 86box, you should get something.
ComputerHunter wrote:Now, a few more week passed, still can't upload in one go. Is it possible to upload it to Mega?
Just split the .rar into parts.

3155ffGd

Post by 3155ffGd »

VirtualBox can fake the CPUID so if that's all that Starter checks it should be really easy if you take the CPUID string from a processor that Starter likes (i. e. Celeron/Duron/Sempron).

Also, there is no such thing as "minimum rareness". Anything that's not on the FTP yet will be accepted. Anything that's on the FTP, but in inferior quality (non-original/folder dump/no scans/etc.) can also be replaced with a better copy and that will be accepted as well.

Lucas Brooks

Post by Lucas Brooks »

I still can't upload using the ftp, and I decide to try Mega. How many percent of recovery record should I add to the RAR file?

Another question, do you guys have a Starter Edition English product key or know how to skip it during the installation process?

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

PM me a link when you're done and I'll download and compare with what we have. Only original releases will be uploaded to the FTP however. 5% recovery should be fine if you want to make sure your upload goes fine.

Remember, asking for abandonware license keys is strictly against the rules (so are posting them for anyone that feels adventurous).
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

alpha.burton

Post by alpha.burton »

Is your spanish the one that has the neutral wallpaper or one with the multi wallpapers?

Lucas Brooks

Post by Lucas Brooks »

Another 65 days to go... If the upload doesn't fail. *hehe* *hehe* *hehe*
The speed is much better now... 0.1 KB/s

Lucas Brooks

Post by Lucas Brooks »

Got it fixed and the first upload is done!

Windows XP Starter Edition [English]

https://mega.nz/#!NAFDiIrS!omrdkvph_K4v ... cyj-Wa80og

Download the file, extract the rar and the checksum is in readme.txt.

alpha.burton

Post by alpha.burton »

@ComputerHunter I asked before but is the spanish xp starter that you have the one with the neutral wallpaper or one with the multi wallpapers?was just wandering.

Lucas Brooks

Post by Lucas Brooks »

Hi, that one is neutral wallpaper, I don't think multi wallpaper for Spanish edition exist.

Here is all Windows XP Starter Edition wallpapers I have:

If you want any of the wallpapers, just comment.

alpha.burton

Post by alpha.burton »

@ComputerHunter i sent you a pm