[Offer] Voyeur II 1.04 Beta Test Discs (Phillips CDI)

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
haus

[Offer] Voyeur II 1.04 Beta Test Discs (Phillips CDI)

Post by haus »

My buddy won a foreclosed storage container and found two beta test discs for a 1996 CDI game called Voyeur 2 (v1.04) and is offering to sell them to me. Is this something people would be interested in? If so I'll buy them off of him and see if I can rip them.

TheWinnerCollector111

Re: [Offer] Voyeur II 1.04 Beta Test Discs (Phillips CDI)

Post by TheWinnerCollector111 »

haus wrote:My buddy won a foreclosed storage container and found two beta test discs for a 1996 CDI game called Voyeur 2 (v1.04) and is offering to sell them to me. Is this something people would be interested in? If so I'll buy them off of him and see if I can rip them.
Depends...is it a build that we don't have?

gtgamer468

Post by gtgamer468 »

I just checked the server and the beta version of the database and it looks like we don't have it. This would definitely be a great addition. Please get it if you can and rip it correctly.

Edness
Donator

Post by Edness »

I'm definitely interested in this as well, but I also recall another forum user here saying that A120% refused to dump their CD-i games properly. I'm not saying this will happen to you, you definitely should try it with A120% in MDF-MDS format first, however I'll leave this thread here in case problems arise
https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37940
ATTENTION:
You are now reading my signature

Thank you for your attention!

DanielOosterhuis
Donator

Post by DanielOosterhuis »

Edness wrote:I'm definitely interested in this as well, but I also recall another forum user here saying that A120% refused to dump their CD-i games properly. I'm not saying this will happen to you, you definitely should try it with A120% in MDF-MDS format first, however I'll leave this thread here in case problems arise
https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37940
That would be me. It's been a while so I'm a bit fuzzy on details, but I remember the files just being garbage. However, it should be noted that some discs seemed unrippable in any sort of way, whereas others still could be ripped to an ISO. So it wildly depends on the disc. Green Book is a massive pain in the neck to work with, that I can definitely tell you.
MCSA: Windows Server 2016 (70-740, 70-741, 70-742)
MTA: 98-349, 98-365

Darkstar
Donator

Post by Darkstar »

Use DiscImageChef to dump the disc, it is currently the only software known to dump "CD-I Ready" discs (I assume this is one?) correctly. Ping claunia either here or on the VGPC discord or on freenode in #DiscImageChef if you have questions (or ask them here and I'll do my best to answer them, of course ;-)
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA

claunia

Post by claunia »

Do NOT dump as ISO, ever. Green Book invented Mode 2 sectors and those do not work in .iso.

Besides that there are three types of CD-i discs.

CD-i discs, the TOC does not contain a track 1, this way Hi-Fi players just skip to Lead-Out, not playing the data and destroying your speakers. This one is supported by Alcohol, however as it does with many other discs, the image is not a faithful representation of the disc (the TOC in the image is not the same as on the disc). Most games are in this format.

CD-i Ready discs, the TOC contains several audio tracks from 1 to X, but track 1 doesn't start at LBA 0, more like 30 minutes after, and the space between Lead-In and Track 1 is a MODE 2 track containing the CD-i filesystem. Because the TOC is like that, and the Q subchannel indicates those sectors as to be skipped, a Hi-Fi player will just seek to the first audio track. These discs DO NOT dump correctly (or at all) with Alcohol, CDRWin, Nero, BlindWrite, DiscJuggler, etc. They work with DiscImageChef, and only in dicformat (because the formats of the previously mentioned software cannot handle a track 0, or changing from mode2 to audio mid track). Most of these discs are "CD-i Music", but some games come in this format also.

CD-i Bridge, are exactly like CDROM-XA, they contain one or more MODE2 tracks. Some even do not use the CD-i filesystem but a normal ISO9660 one. Most movies for CD-i are in this format. These discs work perfectly in any software that supports MODE2.
Last edited by claunia on Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

claunia

Post by claunia »

P.S.: The Apprentice for CD-i is a CD-i Ready disc that the MAME team specifically told me about to add support for in DiscImageChef.

Darkstar
Donator

Post by Darkstar »

haus wrote:My buddy won a foreclosed storage container and found two beta test discs for a 1996 CDI game called Voyeur 2 (v1.04) and is offering to sell them to me. Is this something people would be interested in? If so I'll buy them off of him and see if I can rip them.
P.S: Don't pay more than around $25 for it

(It's at least the 2nd or 3rd listing of that game from the same seller, each time the game is sold it is re-listed, so he probably has some more copies to sell off)
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA