Potentially rare game: Delta-Ops: Army Special Forces

Discuss any beta and abandonware games.
Konno

Potentially rare game: Delta-Ops: Army Special Forces

Post by Konno »

So today, I was looking through my CD collection and I found a game on those "Xplosiv" discs, saying "Delta Ops: Army Special Forces". From what I researched, it was a game developed by Activision and was released in 2002, however from further research; it appears to be originally under a different name of "Shadow Force: Razor Unit". Why the name change is unknown.

Unfortunately I do not have the original box that came with it, all I have is the CD that is 3rd-party (as explained above.)

However, not many people have heard of this game, and so I am wondering if it was never a great success, especially when you realize that Soldier of Fortune, another game published by Activision was very popular. I wonder how many other people on BetaArchive have a copy of the game.

Anyway, this was just a little notation I thought of sharing. Disregard this if you want, but I think it's kinda interesting how I have a game which barely anyone knows of.

EDIT: I was misinformed about Activision developing Soldier of Fortune, it was published by them and developed by Raven Interactive.

~Konno :P
"Please Mr DJ get heavy on the bass! Gonna rock this party, gonna rock this place!"

Overdoze

Re: Potentially rare game: Delta-Ops: Army Special Forces

Post by Overdoze »

It looks like it was originally released as Shadow Force in 2002, suffered from mixed to poor reviews, got updated a bit, and then rereleased couple years later as Delta Ops. Which didn't get any better reception either, by the looks of it.
All roads lead to Neptune™

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Make a copy and send it up and we'll archive it for you as well, and also give others a chance to take a look at it :). We have a few other games I believe with the Xplosiv branding.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

jimmsta
Donator

Post by jimmsta »

I actually remember this. I think I also had a copy at some point before the rebranding. It might be here... somewhere... I'll have to take a look.
16 years of BA experience; I refurbish old electronics, and archive diskettes with a KryoFlux. My posting history is 16 years of educated speculation and autism.