Open Beta: BetaArchive Database

Information and news about the website will be posted here.
Andy
Administrator

Open Beta: BetaArchive Database

Post by Andy »

Good news everybody, the BetaArchive Database is now in open beta and accessible to all!

Access the database here

We'll also be revamping the navigation bar soon too to include a link to the database.

Please put your general feedback and comments here.

If you find a bug report or have a suggestion, post it here: https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... 13&t=38894

We'll try to add your suggestions and fix bugs in future releases.

:beta:

Andy (Admin)

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: Open Beta: BetaArchive Database

Post by mrpijey »

The database currently only shows new releases and not updated or deleted ones, but these features will come in the next few days.

Also with this release the old BetaArchive FTP log is from now on retired and will not be used for any new updates. It will be kept on the forum for a short while for reference use and removed at a later date.

Enjoy!
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube

BF10

Post by BF10 »

I really like this, it helps me hunt down certain builds I need. The leaderboard and so has also been added as well to be based on the archive stats, and find what was put in the FTP and by who. Also I like that I can find if it's an ISO or MDF.

I did found all the builds I needed except Chicago 346 and Memphis 2017.

May I suggest placing this on the Website Navigation on the top?

BetaWiki contributor.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

BF10 wrote:May I suggest placing this on the Website Navigation on the top?
We'll also be revamping the navigation bar soon too to include a link to the database.

GalaxyExperience

Post by GalaxyExperience »

I very love the BetaArchive Database page design, specially the statistics page, the animation and the design just perfect. I hope this database page will make everything easier!
My name is Nhan thank you for reading this line :D

DarkenMoon
Donator

Post by DarkenMoon »

I feel like the old FTP log should be kept permanently for posterity. You could have a link to the new database in the original post of that forum thread too, unless you can't edit threads from 2008.

Spider-Vice
Donator

Post by Spider-Vice »

This will make it a lot easier to browse through the list of BA releases, thank you, good project! Haven't been visiting much because since Microsoft introduced the concept of Insider Builds, my fascination for beta builds has gone down because everyone can have them now and leaks are a thing of the past pretty much, but glad to see BA is still having stuff developed for it :)

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Just an FYI for everyone, we have moved the URL to www.betaarchive.com/database

The old URL will work but it will redirect you there automatically.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Update: The backend has now been updated with code to detect release name changes as well as release change history, so whenever a release is renamed etc it will be logged to a history file and also tagged in the Latest Releases log. Currently the release history data is unavailable to members but that feature will be added in the future.

More update detection changes will be added shortly to detect repacks, deletions and additions of extra files etc. I am also working on a gallery backend so a user and system gallery can be added.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

A little addition:

The database updater runs automatically now every night at 2:00 (GMT). So any releases processed during the day will be visible after the next run. I decided to run it during this time as the load is the lightest and it will not affect any other services.

There will be some additional development of the DB as soon as I get the time to add some long needed backend features, but at least the updates are reliable enough for regular updates.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

The database now has a "browse" feature so you don't need to type in a search term you can simply browse the structure using up to the top 4 main categories. It's linked via the database navigation and on the link below.

It's not pretty, but it's functional. Feel free to give feedback on the discord #database channel.

https://www.betaarchive.com/database/browse.php

JonathonWyble

Post by JonathonWyble »

So, I see the database has changed a lot recently :D It seems there is now a "latest releases" page, as well as an about/FAQ page present on the database. That's kinda neat! I guess I just haven't been checking out the database too much lately...

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Yes it's only been added in the last few days. I was discussing it on the #database channel on discord :)