[OFFER] Windows XP Professional RTM (Japanese)

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
WindowsLover2016
Permanently Banned

[OFFER] Windows XP Professional RTM (Japanese)

Post by WindowsLover2016 »

I finally tracked down a ISO (Converted to MDF by me for BetaArchive) of Windows XP Professional RTM in Japanese!
au
Download link:
https://mega.nz/#!7qghVSIR!U5qg2umX-LoU ... uMsDJSMW0A

* :$ The reason why the date is 2001-11-16, is because while watching the Japanese launch of Windows XP at World PC EXPO 2001, the release date for that OS in Japan was November 16, 2001 :$ *

Anyways, I could only find the box image of this OS, it may be an upgrade box, but that's the only image of the box I could find. :(

Enjoy! And I am hoping this gets on the FTP!

Thanks!
-Sherman
WindowsLover2016
Since February 10, 2017.

Darkstar
Donator

Re: [OFFER] Windows XP Professional RTM (Japanese)

Post by Darkstar »

WindowsLover2016 wrote:(Converted to MDF by me for BetaArchive)
...then it will probably not be accepted. You either have to dump it yourself, in MDF/MDS format, or, if it was a download, leave it as ISO. Converting ISO (or whatever else) to MDF/MDS is generally not accepted (only in rare cases).

Also, I'm pretty sure the FTP already has that version, so unless your version has better scans or proves to be otherwise superior, it won't end up on the FTP.

If you're trying to get FTP access it would be far easier to find something you can dump yourself and upload that instead of grabbing random unverified ISO files from the web ;-)
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA

louisw3

Post by louisw3 »

I have a retail box of Japanese XP.

I thought it was on the ftp.

I'll scan it and upload it then.

FYI this is the XP I have:

it's the 2002 version upgrade with SP2.

Code: Select all

Physical Size = 651827200
Tail Size = 309872
Comment =
Volume: VRMPCCP_JA
VolumeSet: VRMPCCP_JA
Publisher: MICROSOFT CORPORATION
Preparer: MICROSOFT CORPORATION, ONE MICROSOFT WAY, REDMOND WA 98052, (425) 882-8080
Application: CDIMAGE 2.52 (03/09/2004 TM)
Created = 2004-08-05 19:00:00
"Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Yeah, this would be great to archive properly. Thanks!
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

louisw3

Post by louisw3 »

I scanned the contents mine as well. The pages are crazy thin though so it kinda looks like crap.

d177944aa59963adca20e219ad5590fa WindowsXP_Pro_(With_SP2)_Japanese_Retail_X10-79552_contents.7z
bbdbc43b15c3d91cf6c3c0bcb7b21cb3 WindowsXP_Pro_(With_SP2)_Japanese_Retail_X10-79552_media.7z
"Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer