What do you do with games missing discs?

Discussion of beta and abandonware topics not fit for the other forums goes here.
DobaMuffin

What do you do with games missing discs?

Post by DobaMuffin »

I am wondering what you guys/gals do when you buy a copy, or get given a copy of a game that is missing a disc or two? I ask this because I was given a copy of doom 3 many years ago that is missing the first disc. It's frustrating buying a used game just to realize later that you're missing something crucial and you can't return it.

Valerio

Re: What do you do with games missing discs?

Post by Valerio »

I never went into stuff like this, but since you said that you can't return it and you actually want to have the full set of discs I guess, I'd look after buying the missing disc one if you can find it, or just in case, buying a full copy of Doom 3 with both discs if you can find it, even if you will end up having one of those discs twice. Personally I think I really hate when I have something incomplete, but sometimes I could be satisfied with what I have perhaps, it really depends on the rarity of the thing.

DobaMuffin

Post by DobaMuffin »

I hate it too. It's really annoying, but I guess that's a risk of buying used games. Either that or getting games that need product keys, but they're either missing, or used online. Thanks for the suggestion.

Valerio

Post by Valerio »

Well If I had to buy an used game online (or anything else similar to that), I'd write one or more messages to the seller in order to know as many things as possible about what I'm going to buy (unless the thing is described pretty good I guess), it really takes me a long time before buying something lol, I always wanna check a lots of things first in order to make sure I don't get any bad surprises.

DobaMuffin

Post by DobaMuffin »

I just end up buying games in store for very little, and as I don't have internet on my phone, I'm stuck with whatever surprises I find at home.

louisw3

Post by louisw3 »

You either give them away as an odd lot or quest to complete the series... Not much choice for anything in the middle.
"Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer