[Offer] Novell Netware 4.1

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
cardare

[Offer] Novell Netware 4.1

Post by cardare »

Hi all,

I'm interested in gaining access to the FTP and after having checked over my collection for media I could contribute, I've found the online list of abandonware operating systems shows that FTP has a number of Netware 4.x releases, except for 4.1, which I have the boxed media for, along with the online documentation CD (Not sure if you'd accept the documentation CD?). Happy to provide scans for everything as per the rules, if I can remove the names written with some kind of marker on the front of some of the manuals that is.

The reason I'm raising a thread for this is that the CD label in Windows refers to itself as "NW410_C" which on first glance could read as 4.10 which you already have according to the Online lists. This confused me initially when I checked it because the disc is physically stamped as being 4.1. I checked anyway and brought up a DOS 6.22 VM and sure enough, the NetWare installer shows two options for installation, Netware 4.1 and Netware 4.1 SFT III. I just want to be sure that the release on the Online lists showing as '4.10' isn't actually mislabelled as being 4.10 based on the CD label when it's actually 4.1 when you go to install it, making my contribution a bit useless. :)

Many thanks in advance, and if it turns out that you do indeed actually have 4.1 and not 4.10 no worries, I'm sure I can find something else in my collection to contribute (I don't have 4.10, sadly).

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: [Offer] Novell Netware 4.1

Post by mrpijey »

According to the FTP we already have 4.1, it's a two CD release with covers. But if you can provide a better copy with high resolution scans that would be acceptable. Of course, any other versions we have can also be replaced with better copies if you're able to make them. Even if we have certain releases they can always be replaced with better and more complete copies.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Beluga

Post by Beluga »

NetWare 4.1 = 4.10.

louisw3

Post by louisw3 »

License and the server.exe is on the floppy. They are all unique, so always dump the floppy disks!
"Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer