REQUEST: Nokia Developer's Suite for J2ME, version 2.0

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
Win7

REQUEST: Nokia Developer's Suite for J2ME, version 2.0

Post by Win7 »

Hi all,

I'm particularly interested in getting the official SDK and emulators from Nokia Developer's Suite, as mentioned in http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/syste ... 56845.html.

Has anyone got a copy of them?

Thanks in advance,

Win7

jagotu

Re: REQUEST: Nokia Developer's Suite for J2ME, version 2.0

Post by jagotu »

Was able to find NDS V2.0, but only for linux: http://n.neonatus.net/files/nds_jme_linux_v_2_0.tar.gz
Windows TEN - Totally Erroneous Numbering
Always watching you...

DOS

Post by DOS »

Win7 wrote:I'm particularly interested in getting the official SDK and emulators from Nokia Developer's Suite, as mentioned in http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/syste ... 56845.html.
Given the page you linked to, do you particularly want the J2ME Wireless Toolkit (WTK)? Wikipedia explains that the WTK is "for developing wireless applications that are based on JavaME's Connected Limited Device Configuration (CLDC) and Mobile Information Device Profile (MIDP), and designed to run on cell phones, mainstream personal digital assistants, and other small mobile devices."

I seem to have a J2ME WTK 2.0 installed in a backup, it looks like it probably came with Borland JBuilder X (which was free but required registration, or at least there was a personal edition that was free). I remember building stuff with it for a bit of fun. I don't remember using an emulator, but there are emulator.exe and emulatorw.exe files in there, so perhaps that is a start.

I see that Oracle has various versions of this available for download. They include versions older and newer than 2.0, but not specifically 2.0. Strange!

Is this useful, should I try to find the installer?

Win7

Post by Win7 »

I warmly thank you both for your availability and for the links! And yes, @DOS, please do try to find it! :)

Win7

jagotu

Post by jagotu »

Was able to find some more:

Code: Select all

nds_jme_v_2_0.zip	Nokia Developer's Suite for J2ME(TM) 2.0 (2.6.2003)
nS90_jme_sdk_v1_0_b.zip	Series 90 MIDP SDK 1.0 Beta for Symbian OS (08.04.2004)
nS60_jme_sdk_v2_1.zip	Series 60 MIDP SDK 2.1 Beta for Symbian OS (April 8, 2004)
Nokia_S40_DP20_SDK_bet_0[1].5.0.zip	Nokia Series 40 Developer Platform 2.0 (March 19, 2004.)
Nokia_5100_SDK_Final_1_0.zip	Nokia 5100 SDK (30 June 03)
n3410_sdk_v1_0.zip	Nokia 3410 SDK 1.0 (06.12.2002/35)
nS40_jme_concept_sdk_b0_3.zip	Nokia Series 40 MIDP Concept SDK (10-12-02)

Linux\nds_jme_linux_v2_0.tar.gz	Nokia Developer's Suite for J2ME(TM) 2.0 (2.6.2003)
Linux\nS30_jme_concept_sdk_linux_b0_2.tar.gz	Nokia Series 30 MIDP Concept SDK for Linux (14-01-03)
Get it here: https://vztekoverflow.com/files/BA/Nokia.zip

Also in case you needed the J2ME Wireless Toolkit 2.1: https://vztekoverflow.com/files/BA/j2me ... indows.exe
Windows TEN - Totally Erroneous Numbering
Always watching you...

Win7

Post by Win7 »

Amazing! I didn't expect to find all that I needed! :D Thanks!

Win7

DOS

Post by DOS »

Win7 wrote:Amazing! I didn't expect to find all that I needed! :D Thanks!
Do you still want J2ME WTK 2.0?

I figured out that it's from JBuilder X Enterprise Trial, and that requires a license, but you can install it without a license, and I'm assuming you can still use the WTK (but can't guarantee it, I don't remember how to do anything with it). The next step is to upload it somewhere if anyone still cares.

Win7

Post by Win7 »

Of course I'm still interested, and actually I'd like to get the full Borland JBuilder suite, at this point... :D

Please do upload it as a permanent MEGA archive, because I guess the JBuilder suite is heavy and it'll take me a long time to claim back even 1 GB of storage on my PC.

Thank you very much!

Win7

DOS

Post by DOS »

Sorry for taking so long to do anything about this. If you're still interested after all of these years, I found that JBuilder X trial online, it's in this big collection of magazine cover discs, in this disc (600MB), in path workshop/jbuilder/files. They're exactly the same files I have.