[OFFER] Novell NetWare 2.2 (NetWare 286) (1991)

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
Beluga

[OFFER] Novell NetWare 2.2 (NetWare 286) (1991)

Post by Beluga »

As some of you know, I like to play with old versions of Novell NetWare. Some time ago I was lucky enough and got a complete boxed copy of NetWare 2.2.

A scan of one of the manuals that are included in the boxed copy

Of course I want to do a proper scan and dump of this for BetaArchive. For now I cannot do this, because this release contains an 800k Mac-formatted disk (called MACUTIL) that I can not dump.
Also, this release contains a huge amount of manuals and other stuff that I will have to scan. As I do have a very limited amount of time for things like that at the moment, I do not want to invest it in a release that is incomplete.

Still, as NetWare 2.2 is pretty rare these days, I want to give you a release of the disks that I did dump (By rare I mean: I have never seen it for offer in years and I have never seen it released anywhere on the internet. Also someone on this forum was looking for it in 2008 and he did not get it till today).

Besides the software that you would run on Mac-clients, this release should be complete.

For those who do not know: NetWare 2.2 is the last version of NetWare 286 that was ever released. It was released about two years after the first version of NetWare 3.0 (NetWare 386) was released.

But that is enough talking by me, here is the Mega link:
https://mega.nz/#!4SQmiLBK!T2RrFuiwE0XD ... IqCPtqLNGU

Hopefully, someone of you has the same amount of fun with these things, as I do :)

silasqwerty1

Re: [OFFER] Novell NetWare 2.2 (NetWare 286) (1991)

Post by silasqwerty1 »

Thank you for posting this! Here's a link to it on IA just in case the mega link breaks: https://archive.org/details/NovellNetWa ... 3.5-1.44MB

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

A proper scan of this to accompany the floppy images would be great. You don't need to scan every page of course but at least front/back covers and any additional stuff would be great.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Beluga

Post by Beluga »

I will do a complete scan of it sooner or later. For now my main concern is how I could dump the 800k floppy.

//Offtopic: If anyone knows about an old Apple machine that usually goes for ultra-cheap on eBay, please PM me about it! I have no experience with these things and the prices they go for.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

I am guessing you wouldn't entertain the idea to loan the package to a member with a kryoflux device?
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Beluga

Post by Beluga »

Probably I might do that in the future, but right now, I do not want to do that.

dfawcus

Post by dfawcus »

It might be worth scanning some subset of the installation instructions.

I remember installing this at one point (after replacing the h/w our server was running on), and having to run the SYSGEN images, there were a few fiddly stages to it.