[OFFER] Compaq Quickfind - Dealer Support Reference Library

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
Yushatak

[OFFER] Compaq Quickfind - Dealer Support Reference Library

Post by Yushatak »

Have this oddity from Compaq, two CDs, one from 3rd quarter 1989 and one from the 4th quarter 1989, they're in a box, special access code written on paper by hand, and some books that go with them. I believe these were provided to Compaq hardware dealers so they can effectively act as the support website for Compaq pre-web and provide softpaqs, hardware spec lookups, problem/solutions, etc.. It's been a few years since I actually installed this on a system and took a look, though. Very definitely not a retail package, no UPC or anything on the box. The software is "indexed using" Quantum Leap by Quantum Access.

When I purchased this, the seller didn't mention the years on the CDs, so I was hoping for information/files for the early-to-mid 90s. One of the booklets is quick-reference for October 1990, which is the closest thing I got to what I was after.

Anyway, it's definitely an interesting thing, so I'll rip/document/upload if there's interest. I am not equipped to easily scan the manuals, however, so unless there's specific interest I likely won't be doing that.

DOS

Re: [OFFER] Compaq Quickfind - Dealer Support Reference Libr

Post by DOS »

Nice! I'm not personally interested in those right now, but I imagine that they might be useful to some people given Compaq's leadership in hardware at the time, e.g. with the Deskpro 386.