Install English language from a different build onto 9845?

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
parrotgeek1

Install English language from a different build onto 9845?

Post by parrotgeek1 »

I'm just wondering if that's possible and how well it would work. Would it work from server 9845 to avoid the expired certificates?

oscareczek

Re: Install English language from a different build onto 984

Post by oscareczek »

But… it is in English. And how a MUI=bunch of strings can help with certificates?

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

You do not need to worry about certificates when dealing with mui files. And while it is possible to install a language pack from a different build, it's quite an involved process, and as such I'd recommend sticking to already English builds to avoid tiring yourself before you've even looked at the actual builds.
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

Applegame12345

Post by Applegame12345 »

oscareczek wrote:But… it is in English. And how a MUI=bunch of strings can help with certificates?
I guess he's asking about taking Server 9845 MUI to client one
>>click here<< for some wiki editing

parrotgeek1

Post by parrotgeek1 »

Applegame12345 wrote:
oscareczek wrote:But… it is in English. And how a MUI=bunch of strings can help with certificates?
I guess he's asking about taking Server 9845 MUI to client one
Yes

parrotgeek1

Post by parrotgeek1 »

Wheatley wrote:You do not need to worry about certificates when dealing with mui files. And while it is possible to install a language pack from a different build, it's quite an involved process, and as such I'd recommend sticking to already English builds to avoid tiring yourself before you've even looked at the actual builds.
I would, but there AREN'T other English builds of 10 preview that boot with the current date

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

parrotgeek1 wrote:
Wheatley wrote:You do not need to worry about certificates when dealing with mui files. And while it is possible to install a language pack from a different build, it's quite an involved process, and as such I'd recommend sticking to already English builds to avoid tiring yourself before you've even looked at the actual builds.
I would, but there AREN'T other English builds of 10 preview that boot with the current date
So turn the clock back then. You really don't need a current date just to explore differences between builds. And please, don't even think about using these old, expired builds as a primary OS.
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?