Can I ask why yhe iOS forum description was never updated?

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
A.S. aka nanocomp.invent.

Can I ask why yhe iOS forum description was never updated?

Post by A.S. aka nanocomp.invent. »

Rom what I clearly know, and I think everyone else does too, iOS 10 and 11 have already been released. So why has the description still showing 9 as the latest version of iOS?

Overdoze

Re: Can I ask why yhe iOS forum description was never update

Post by Overdoze »

Because no one cares and it doesn't really matter.
All roads lead to Neptune™

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks

A.S. aka nanocomp.invent.

Post by A.S. aka nanocomp.invent. »

Overdoze wrote:Because no one cares and it doesn't really matter.
But if new people come to see this site and see such a description, they will think that this abbandon ware website is abandoned itself, which is not the case.

To make the site look appealing to new users there has to be moderness in the description.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Overdoze, clearly one member cares which is a good thing. If everyone had your view then we can just shut down this site as "no one cares"....

I've updated the info, thanks for the notification.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Overdoze

Post by Overdoze »

mrpijey wrote:Overdoze, clearly one member cares which is a good thing. If everyone had your view then we can just shut down this site as "no one cares"....
I just answered his question why it wasn't updated. It's a very minor cosmetic issue no one noticed/bothered reporting until now and clearly you yourself forgot to update it until now, which just goes to show how insignificant it actually is. Yeah, it's nice if that text is up-to-date, but it's not really breaking the experience in any way.

For example, the text that was also out-of-date but actually mattered a lot more was related to FTP access rules, etc. But that was fixed IIRC.
All roads lead to Neptune™

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Yeah, unfortunately most members don't bother with helping out keeping things updated, as long as they get everything for free and without effort they are happy :).

We'll see if we can simply rename some stuff to make it more "universal" and not locked to specific versions etc.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP