SwitchBoard OS/AppleInternal applications.

Discuss all iOS versions.
purplesn0w

SwitchBoard OS/AppleInternal applications.

Post by purplesn0w »

Hi. I have upwards of 50gb of Apple Internal Software, including SwitchBoard OS builds, in original restore bundle, ipsw file, or for more recent versions, filesystem dumps.
SwitchBoard:
SwitchBoard is Apple's internal development/testing version of the iOS Operating System. It is sort of a :beta: build, in that the components that it shares with production builds may be unfinished, but it also is used for other purposes such as testing device functionality in the factory. Some builds contain secrets or leftovers that were never made public, such as the n89 iPhone.

These are the builds I have.
All of these dumps included in this: https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... 66&t=37399
iPhone 5 - 6.0 10A316
iPhone 8 - 11.0 (still in the process of obtaining, but probably will not go onto the FTP.)
Would anyone like these put on the FTP?
Last edited by purplesn0w on Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silasqwerty1

Re: SwitchBoard OS/AppleInternal applications.

Post by silasqwerty1 »

I don't know about the FTP, but maybe the Internet Archive would be a good place for it.

purplesn0w

Post by purplesn0w »

The Internet Archive? No, thats not a good idea. Can't have these things become 100% worthless.

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

purplesn0w wrote:The Internet Archive? No, thats not a good idea. Can't have these things become 100% worthless.
One could argue that since so many people already have a lot of these SwitchBoard builds, their "value" already has dwindled substantially from what it may have been in the past. I mean, you saw it yourself, you certainly aren't the first to offer various SwitchBoard dumps/bundles/IPSWs here.

Besides, it's not like the BA FTP is a sanctuary for rare stuff to stay forever rare to begin with. Yes, it is true that it has a lot of stuff in it that is quite rare to see available outside the FTP, but anything mildly interesting from there will eventually get mirrored elsewhere by someone. Of course this statement isn't meant to discourage you from uploading (quite the contrary, would be nice to actually see at least one SwitchBoard build finally added there for everyone to look at), but it is just meant to be a simple reminder that uploading to a semi-private site instead of a public one merely delays "value" loss instead of preventing it.
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

purplesn0w

Post by purplesn0w »

what version should I put on the FTP?

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Can't you upload your whole set? And we can see what we can preserve of it here and what to archive to make sure it's properly saved.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP