BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 4d, 5h, 41m | CPU: 12% | MEM: 2685MB of 4391MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Return to Castle Wolfenstein Alpha/Beta Builds        Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:20 pm 

Favourite OS
Chicago 222
Hi all,

This is my first post on the site; I've been meaning to sign up for a while but school got in the way, yada yada yada.

Anyways, today I want to see if anyone is also interested in finding some original Return to Castle Wolfenstein Alpha builds.

Information remains incredibly scarce about these builds, but we do have two videos; one from E3 1999, and one from E3 2001 - naturally, the one from 2001 is much higher quality.

E3 1999

E3 2001

There are also several screenshots floating around the web, but I have not hit the post limit to use the image uploader. You can find these images quite simply by searching for RTCW; one image shows an alternate Elite Guard model [the female enemy], another shows some kind of prototype knight in a "zoo" map (showing off several other NPC prototypes, HL2 Beta fans will know of zoo maps all too well :D ], and there are also several maps made in the 1999 or 2001 builds that show alternate HUD textures and especially different animations; the final animations of the game are actually less fluid!

So, does anyone have any leads, links, or further information regarding these betas? I'm not necessarily asking for a download to the files - that would be amazing, but I understand that I do not have enough posts - but I would like to see if anyone has knowledge of these builds also; especially in regards to the engine. (differing lighting i.e vertex instead of the newer pre-baked lighting engine, etc)

Thanks all!

Last edited by JarOfFlies on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Return to Castle Wolfenstein Alpha/Beta Builds        Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:05 am 

Favourite OS
windows
I hope you can find something. I've been looking the same thing for years, with no luck...
I remember some very old videos and images were main menu was blue and the assault map was different and with snow.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Return to Castle Wolfenstein Alpha/Beta Builds        Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:57 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Hi is there any updates on this?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Return to Castle Wolfenstein Alpha/Beta Builds        Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:47 am 

I would also be interested in this and also in seeing if there is anything available in re to Enemy Territory from when it was still going to be a fully fledged expansion pack.

Top  Profile