BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 1d, 6h, 32m | CPU: 26% | MEM: 1965MB of 3669MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Suggestions and Improvements        Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:35 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
I've noticed over the time I've spent on the forum that some stuff need to be improved, as well as some suggestions.

1-All the old (BETA) traces should be removed: I think the forum back then was only betas, but now it's abandonware and some interesting misc as well :). [FIX]
Examples:
Also, in the top image, there's betaarchive.co.uk, well that address has changed a long time ago.
PS: Small fixes, but just some good improvements :) .
2-Sometimes, a certain part of the forum indicates a new reply or topic that a user doesn't have access to, and the only way to remove that highlight is to mark all forums read, which isn't good sometimes: Well, I think that is the phpBB fault, but certainly I think this is irritating for some users [FIX]
3-The smilies are old and need to be updated : Also phpBB component I think, but those smilies are way too old and need to get a redesign (maybe like the ones in Whatsapp) [SUGGESTION]
4-A mobile version of the webpage should exist for phones: Maybe the forums should be under each other, with a menu of all accessible locations in the website and the logo on top. Any device that has a too low screen resolution would suffer from this problem, and would cause the webpage to be slow on mobiles. Tapatalk is an option, however it doesn't include all features such as editing posts...[SUGGESTION]
5-The off-topic part of the forum should be split into parts: Part for technical issues with old devices (since this forum isn't a technical support one), a part to sell and buy items, and maybe some others like interesting projects and etc...
A little bit like this: Image [SUGGESTION] (Missing the technical part but whatever...)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Suggestions and Improvements        Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:51 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
NT(all versions)
ATeamInc wrote:
*snip*
5-The off-topic part of the forum should be split into parts: Part for technical issues with old devices (since this forum isn't a technical support one), a part to sell and buy items, and maybe some others like interesting projects and etc...
A little bit like this: Image [SUGGESTION] (Missing the technical part but whatever...)

Why would you want those to be exact? IIRC they existed in BA v2 and were removed with v2.1 and (obviously) won't be reintroduced.

Donate LTC: LREEGvnWZteiVcKzHuWPfe3gApZeK1LmHW

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Suggestions and Improvements        Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:11 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Longhorn 6.0.4093

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Suggestions and Improvements        Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:12 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
ovctvct wrote:
ATeamInc wrote:
*snip*

Why would you want those to be exact? IIRC they existed in BA v2 and were removed with v2.1 and (obviously) won't be reintroduced.

Oh then.. But just for the neatness and organization you know.

Top  Profile