[Offier] A bunch of CDs, all official non-burnt image disks

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
BigHiggins

[Offier] A bunch of CDs, all official non-burnt image disks

Post by BigHiggins »

I have a plastic bin of old CDs and DVDs. Here's a list of disks that aren't burned unofficial images (illegal schiesse, I know betaarchive doesn't allow such):

MSI Drivers & Utilities
Adaptec EZ-SCSI 4.0 Software
Sprint high-speed Internet Installation and Set-up CD
By Request - Heritage Band music CD
Panda Anti-Virus Platinum, with Modem Drivers (Win9x/NT/2000/ME/XP), Modem Manual, FaxTalk Communicator, and Adobe Reader
Drivers & Utilities, disk says contents are "Adobe Acrobat Reader, Fuzzy Logic, Live Update, PC Alert, Norton, and a useful website"
Packard Bell Microsoft Multimedia Pack for Windows, version 1.0
Windows Vista Step by Step (disk says to not make illegal copies of it, so I guess BetaArchive won't take a .iso rip of it?)
Access Internet Connectivity CD
Compaq CD For Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition Operating System
Microsoft Student and Teacher Edition 2003 (another "Do Not Make Illegal Copies Of This Disc" disk)
Microsoft Money 2001 Standard (another one)
The Software Toolworks, World Atlas, for multimedia IBM pc & compatibles version 4
LEXMARK Z11 Printer Installation Software, version 1.0.4.1.a
56K Modem Communication Software and Driver (table of contents on front of disk say "Modem Driver / V5.70, Complete User's Guide, SuperVoice Communication, Software 2.2i, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Netscape Communicator 4.7, Acrobat Reader 4.05, QuickTime 4.0 for Windows, MediaRing Talk 7.2, Yahoo! Messenger, Real Player 7.0)
blue CD that just says "Sound Card"
DELL CyberLink Power DVD
BitWare for Windows 95SE/NT/2000/ME/XP
HP Deskjet 3740 series driver and install disk
QuickRestore Compaq Presario Model 5340/5345/5360/5365/5710 Personal Computer Disk #1
QuickRestore Compaq Presario Model 5340/5345/5360/5365/5710 Personal Computer Disk #2
America Online 1000 HOURS FREE! for 45 days, Version 7.0
Spell It DELUXE
CNET Total Network Solutions C56K V.92 Data/Fax Modem (disk contents are Modem Driver, Modem Manual, BitWare Software)

if this list is too undescriptive, i can take pics of each disk front and back, along with contents, and upload 'em
Fancy signature? Nah.

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: offer: a bunch of CDs, all official non-burnt image disk

Post by mrpijey »

Welcome to BetaArchive!

Unfortunately the only title here that could be of interest is the Microsoft Student and Teacher Edition 2003 (Office right?). The rest is just the standard assortment of drivers and OEM shovelware.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

SoftPCMuseum

Re: offer: a bunch of CDs, all official non-burnt image disk

Post by SoftPCMuseum »

mrpijey wrote:Welcome to BetaArchive!

Unfortunately the only title here that could be of interest is the Microsoft Student and Teacher Edition 2003 (Office right?). The rest is just the standard assortment of drivers and OEM shovelware.
What about Microsoft Money 2001 Standard, Packard Bell Microsoft Multimedia Pack for Windows, and BitWare? Would those also be accepted if they came on original media? I'm just asking, since I saw that those titles were also in the list along with the one that you mentioned here.
Latest release of Virtual Computer emulator available here:
https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... 72&t=39197

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: [Offier] A bunch of CDs, all official non-burnt image di

Post by mrpijey »

Bitware is shovelware, Packard Bell Multimedia pack is unknown but sounds like regular OEM stuff. We most likely already have Money 2001 Standard, but will have to check thoroughly. You can also check in the list posted in my signature and see if you can find the titles.

Edness
Donator

Post by Edness »

mrpijey wrote:... You can also check in the list posted in my signature and see if you can find the titles.
Offtopic Comment
About 8 links in the Online list have been broken. Just letting you know :P they're all about 100 bytes in size, so you can easily see which ones aren't working properly
ATTENTION:
You are now reading my signature

Thank you for your attention!

SoftPCMuseum

Post by SoftPCMuseum »

mrpijey wrote:Bitware is shovelware, Packard Bell Multimedia pack is unknown but sounds like regular OEM stuff. We most likely already have Money 2001 Standard, but will have to check thoroughly. You can also check in the list posted in my signature and see if you can find the titles.
Apparently, it would seem to me that BitWare was an official program that was released by Cheyenne. Here is a link to an article about it on WinWorld: https://winworldpc.com/product/bitware/3x

Of course, I could be wrong about this, but it seems to me that it might have actually existed as a separate product on its own media, as opposed to only being shipped on driver CD-ROMs, which indeed are outside of this site's focus.
Latest release of Virtual Computer emulator available here:
https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... 72&t=39197

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Well, include BitWare and The Software Toolworks, World Atlas as well. We may have any of the mentioned titles but since they all came with various OEMs etc it's difficult to see if we have it without comparing it directly.

dsdude123

Post by dsdude123 »

Could you upload the following discs somewhere else like MEGA or the Internet Archive?

QuickRestore Compaq Presario Model 5340/5345/5360/5365/5710 Personal Computer Disk #1
QuickRestore Compaq Presario Model 5340/5345/5360/5365/5710 Personal Computer Disk #2

ATeamInc

Post by ATeamInc »

dsdude123 wrote:Could you upload the following discs somewhere else like MEGA or the Internet Archive?

I would also like the adaptec sczi software and the 56k modem software stuff, if possible.

JackArchive

Post by JackArchive »

ATeamInc wrote:
dsdude123 wrote:Could you upload the following discs somewhere else like MEGA or the Internet Archive?

I would also like the adaptec sczi software and the 56k modem software stuff, if possible.
Ditto with the software stuff from the 56k modem disc. Also I would've asked for the Compaq stuff, but I'm unsure if whether they would be compatible with the Compaq I have.
Offtopic Comment
The Compaq I have is a 5000 series from 1998 that came with Windows 98 FE. I did find its QuickRestore disc, but from what I can tell by the disc contents it doesn't seem to do much. Should have a 98FE reinstall disc as I did find the 98 book containing the OEM key, but my family probably lost the disc as I was unsuccessful at trying to look for it from the remaining boxes we had that were related to the machine left. I did find this one other Compaq OEM disc with 98SE, which I presume it could be the same as the one being offered by the OP, but it didn't detect my machine as a valid Compaq even though it is.
-=JackArchive=-
Preserving since the last time we all partied like it's 1999...

hunterspad

Post by hunterspad »

Would also love to have the Compaq CD's images as well.