Where to obtain Windows Vista Alternate Media?

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Maza

Where to obtain Windows Vista Alternate Media?

Post by Maza »

I am looking to purchase—preferably unused—the alternate media that Microsoft produced for Windows Vista. For computers without DVD drives, Microsoft released a series of 5 CDs for consumers who purchased the DVDs and who did not possess a DVD drive; the CDs were available for a nominal fee:
Windows Vista Alternate Media
Congratulations on upgrading to Windows Vista. The retail package product ships on DVD with 32-bit edition software, but two forms of alternate media are available to help meet your specific requirements:
32-bit CD
If your system features a CD drive but no DVD drive, you can order Windows Vista on CD-ROM. The installation files span multiple discs, so unattended installations are not possible.
64-bit DVD
If your system features a 64-bit processor, you can take advantage of its advanced design by ordering 64-bit software media. You'll get the same interface, features, and functions, but you'll get them in an operating system that takes advantage of access to vastly more memory. All installation files are on a single disc. Please note that 64-bit media is included in the box with the purchase of Windows Vista Ultimate.
The 64-bit version of Windows Vista is not for everyone. Please confirm that your system, applications, and devices are compatible with a 64-bit edition of Windows Vista before installing. Learn more about the 64-bit editions of Windows Vista.

You can order either of these alternate media for a minimal fee, including shipping and handling. To order, you'll need to supply the 25-character product key that came with your purchase.* You'll find the product key on a yellow sticker on the back of your DVD media holder.
Periodic searches on e-commerce websites such as eBay and Amazon unfortunately yield no results.
"We do not view the desktop as a mode, legacy or otherwise."
Windows Vista: Microsoft Speech Center | Windows Vista Saved Search chronicle

MSUser2013
Donator

Re: Where to obtain Windows Vista Alternate Media?

Post by MSUser2013 »

Counting only en-US releases, we have the multiple CD-ROM versions of Windows Vista Enterprise and Ultimate (both 32-bit) on the BA FTP, along with the 64-bit editions of Business/Home Basic/Home Premium/Ultimate/Home Basic N/Business N in one package altogether.

Maza

Re: Where to obtain Windows Vista Alternate Media?

Post by Maza »

MSUser2013 wrote:Counting only en-US releases, we have the multiple CD-ROM versions of Windows Vista Enterprise and Ultimate (both 32-bit) on the BA FTP, along with the 64-bit editions of Business/Home Basic/Home Premium/Ultimate/Home Basic N/Business N in one package altogether.
Thank you for responding.

I am interested in the possession of the physical discs for personal purposes and for scanning purposes; the software itself is of no concern to me, as I already have Windows Vista with SP1 retail optical media (and Windows Vista SP2 with the Platform Update is still installed on a separate partition).

I have high-quality scans of the retail SP1 DVDs (600 dpi, ~3000x3000 resolution) and I would like the same for the 5 CDs. To me there are no scans as beautiful as the Windows Vista optical media.
"We do not view the desktop as a mode, legacy or otherwise."
Windows Vista: Microsoft Speech Center | Windows Vista Saved Search chronicle