[OFFER] Novell NetWare 6

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
derex

[OFFER] Novell NetWare 6

Post by derex »

Hello,
I have a version of Novell NetWare 6 that came with the Polish version of James Gaskin's book "Mastering NetWare 6". The software itself is in English. It is formally an evaluation edition, but (1) the system itself continues to run beyond the evaluation period, only the client license expires, and (2) if a proper license is installed during system setup or later, it turns into a full edition. While the CD came with the book (I made the scan of the CD and of the book covers, if you are interested in the full book, I can scan it as well, but if will take a few more days), I have compared it with another full version (which I don't offer to upload, as I no longer have an original CD, only an ISO made several years ago) and the only files that differ are the readmes and licenses.
Does it fall under the "magazine discs" exception, or should I upload it?

I also have a six-CD copy of Novell Small Business Suite 6 (with license for three users). It was magazine-attached, but it seems to be like the book-attached version above: original software with magazine branding limited to disc labels. Again, if it isn't covered by the "magazine discs" exception, I am ready to upload it.

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: [OFFER] Novell NetWare 6

Post by mrpijey »

Since it's an eval version it would be acceptable. We don't require you to scan the entire book (unless you want to preserve all of it :) ) but the front/back cover of the book would be great for reference.

So I think both titles would be great to add as long as you include scans of all additional materials connected to them.

Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube

derex

Re: [OFFER] Novell NetWare 6

Post by derex »

You're welcome. I've uploaded the Gaskin copy (with a scan of the CD and the book covers) and will try to upload the SBS tomorrow. I don't think that the book itself will be of much interest, but I've got a number of book scans (Schulman's "Undocumented DOS", Chappel's "DOS Internals", Pietrek's "Windows Internals", Schulman's et al. "Undocumented Windows", Mitchell's "Inside the Windows 95 File System") that seem to be much more interesting, so if you are interested in preserving out-of-print books on old operating systems, I'd be happy to share.