Golgotha (discontinued video game) Full archive.

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
damaged

Golgotha (discontinued video game) Full archive.

Post by damaged »

Golgotha was a video game that was being developed by Crack dot Com prior to shutting down in 1998. The game should be a real time strategy game, with elements from first-person shooter games. According to Dave Taylor, the game's name came from Shakespeare's King Lear tragedy, wherein Golgotha was a massive plain and a future battlefield.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golgotha_(video_game)

More background information.

Mega.nz Link

Contains binary, source code, music, sound effects, and compilation instructions.

Okaris
Donator

Re: Golgotha (discontinued video game) Full archive.

Post by Okaris »

Cool! Would this be considered a beta?

damaged

Post by damaged »

Okaris wrote:Cool! Would this be considered a beta?
I would think so. It's not RTM code and the game was cancelled prior to release.

Okaris
Donator

Post by Okaris »

Perhaps you could consider uploading this to the FTP as well since this is a beta after all.

dezodor

Post by dezodor »

Is it possible to squeeze out something playable from it? Would be fun to try the game, but afaik without assets/content, we'll get only binaries if we compile them.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha

DBlake
Donator
Location: Two lefts and a diagonal sidestep from where you are.

Post by DBlake »

This Github page seems to have more content than the Mega link in the OP: https://github.com/saniv/golgotha

damaged

Post by damaged »

DBlake wrote:This Github page seems to have more content than the Mega link in the OP: https://github.com/saniv/golgotha
The only difference that I can see, is that it has golgfull.zip which is the DirectX 6 implementation. My files were pulled directly from crack.com a very long time ago. I guarantee that they are unmodified.

Speaking of which, there is a Git repository with what is being offered as the source code to Monolith's Jupiter engine. In reality, the guy uploaded a modified copy of an engine that is no longer available. He used the official installer, screwed the files up, and then uploaded to GitHub. His check-in messages notes that the engine no longer compiles. Just an example of why these files may not be trustworthy.

More history. Dave Taylor (former id Software programmer) worked at Crack.com porting Quake 1.01 to Linux. Someone hacked their network and stole the complete source code. This incident occurred back in 1997 or so.

dezodor

Post by dezodor »

Offtopic Comment
I still have that jupiter engine installer, if needed I can upload it somewhere
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha

damaged

Post by damaged »

dezodor wrote:
Offtopic Comment
I still have that jupiter engine installer, if needed I can upload it somewhere
That's be great when you get a free moment. Also, do you have the Quake 1.01 Linux source code? I have it if you want it.