Do you only accept abandonware games?

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
DobaMuffin

Do you only accept abandonware games?

Post by DobaMuffin »

I am wondering if you only accept abandonware games to be uploaded, or do you accept all games, even new ones?. Also what do you consider abandonware when it comes to games? I want to contribute to this amazing project, I just don't want to do a bunch of work, only to get told that I can't submit it.

Windows OS

Re: Do you only accept abandonware games?

Post by Windows OS »

We only accept abandonware (so it needs to be over 10 years old and has no more support). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that you could still upload newer games and software, but it'll be kept private until it meets the criteria.

Look at mrpijey's guides (available here: https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... 39&t=32742) for more info about this.
Last edited by Windows OS on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do Not Make Illegal Copies Of This Signature.
YouTube | Twitter | BA Wiki | BetaWiki

DobaMuffin

Post by DobaMuffin »

Thanks for that info. I know know what is considered abondonware, and I can now start to do my own research to see about what support my games have.

Okaris
Donator

Post by Okaris »

Take note though, if I recall correctly you can still upload newer games and software. However if you want to sign-up for FTP access, that software must be over 10 years old.

silasqwerty1

Post by silasqwerty1 »

I believe that betas are accepted as well, even of newer games.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

It doesn't need to be 10 years old to get access to the FTP, but it needs to be retail, original and properly dumped and scanned.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

DobaMuffin

Post by DobaMuffin »

mrpijey wrote:It doesn't need to be 10 years old to get access to the FTP, but it needs to be retail, original and properly dumped and scanned.
That clarifies everything. Now I just have to see if it's in the lists already before starting.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk