[REQUEST] Windows XP SP2 Spanish HP OEM

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
SuriPolomareFan2003

[REQUEST] Windows XP SP2 Spanish HP OEM

Post by SuriPolomareFan2003 »

I'm from Venezuela and i speak Spanish so Spanish Versions of HP OEM CD of Windows XP exist? Because i have a HP Pentium 4 HT PC.

kni

Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP SP2 Spanish HP OEM

Post by kni »

OEM CDs are not archived in the FTP (they're pretty much the same thing as the original OS but with a bunch of drivers and applications, and those drivers can be installed after a clean install of the original OS, through the manufacturer website). This material is kinda rare to find, but if that is what it was supplied with your computer, maybe you can try request it to HP, check this website for information.
If only my software could reach beta.

MrBurgerKing

Post by MrBurgerKing »

Actually, many OEM CDs contain abandonware, as well as sample music and wallpapers which can't be found on the internet.
Many drivers for older systems can't be downloaded from the manufacturer, and OEM CDs eliminate the need to hunt for them (I know this this because HP delisted my '06 desktop, so I can't view any drivers, manuals, or specs). The included drivers are also verified to work with the specific hardware of the computer, while different versions of a generic driver might not work correctly.

I've seen staff say that OEM recovery software, if old enough and not easily available, would be acceptable. However, in this case, the english version of the restore disc is easily downloadable, and betaarchive archives english software.
Hopefully, if someone has a copy of the software OP is looking for they could share it somewhere else and link it here.

You can find the English version here: https://archive.org/search.php?query=hp ... 20xp%20sp2
I'd give the disc a try, you might be able to set the language to Spanish during/after setup.

oscareczek

Post by oscareczek »

You can't change the language of Windows XP if it's not English Professional.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

MrBurgerKing wrote:Actually, many OEM CDs contain abandonware, as well as sample music and wallpapers which can't be found on the internet.
In rare cases yes, and in old OSes mostly (i.e Windows 9x and older).
MrBurgerKing wrote:Many drivers for older systems can't be downloaded from the manufacturer, and OEM CDs eliminate the need to hunt for them (I know this this because HP delisted my '06 desktop, so I can't view any drivers, manuals, or specs). The included drivers are also verified to work with the specific hardware of the computer, while different versions of a generic driver might not work correctly.
Again, depends on the age. Many newer OEM discs are just regular discs with a custom OEM logo on the disc, or slightly modified installers.
MrBurgerKing wrote:I've seen staff say that OEM recovery software, if old enough and not easily available, would be acceptable. However, in this case, the english version of the restore disc is easily downloadable, and betaarchive archives english software.
It's always a per case-by-case evaluation, but by default we won't accept any OEMs newer than Win9x. And we archive software in all languages, not only English.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP