Do you guys normally include every manual page?

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
piexil

Do you guys normally include every manual page?

Post by piexil »

I just did my first upload and it got rejected as the artwork was not done correctly. I know my issue here was with some inner pages of the manual not being aligned, however, I figured that wouldn't be an issue given that's normally a "bonus". As far as I'm aware, only the cover and backside of a manual or inner cover is required, and not the inner pages.
I have no problem re-scanning these pages and I'm going to, I'm just curious if you guys bother doing them? I think as a whole it's better for the archival side of things.

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: Do you guys normally include every manual page?

Post by mrpijey »

That was not the issue why your upload was rejected. Please check the guidelines. I could tell you what was wrong with your scans but I don't want to take away the joy you will experience discovering it for yourself :)

Some scan the entire manual, some just front/back. The more the merrier, but since we know it's a chore we only absolute require the front/back for reference, but if you can scan all pages that is indeed a bonus.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

piexil

Re: Do you guys normally include every manual page?

Post by piexil »

mrpijey wrote:That was not the issue why your upload was rejected. Please check the guidelines. I could tell you what was wrong with your scans but I don't want to take away the joy you will experience discovering it for yourself :)

Ah, that's why I thought it was, so my bad! I'll have to give the requirements another look over (as I could've sworn I hit them all), I just don't want to waste either of our time! My bad haha.