[Reupload and Retry] Old Games, some unknowns from 1997-2006

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
LangsamSpieler

[Reupload and Retry] Old Games, some unknowns from 1997-2006

Post by LangsamSpieler »

If you are remembering, i did upload a time ago on your ftp 3 RAR Folders, with many old games and i did make so good than nothing for work. I did now test 10 games if they work and looks funny. I did only copy them from a simple CD-ROM what are from 2006 with the last change. All games are in separate RAR Folders, and so good marked as i can make it, because there are no informations about this games and are unknown. I will offer this because i did play with them 7-8 Years ago and i do not forgett this thing that i have it. See This path on FTP:

Code: Select all

/LangsamSpieler Old Games Rety
416175:38 BetaArchive Registration
416176:06 First BetaArchive Post
4251811:32 Archive Access Granted

pool7

Re: [Reupload and Retry] Old Games, some unknowns from 1997-

Post by pool7 »

Although it's up to the admin (mrpijey), I think he made it very clear in your old thread:
https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... 73#p428673

Darkstar
Donator

Post by Darkstar »

Hello,

Note: I assume there is some sort of language barrier at work here, so if you want to discuss this further in German, feel free to send me a PM and I'll explain. Non-English posts are forbidden on the Forum (but allowed in PMs), that's why I will try again in English:

So, as was already said in the other thread, your games are not good for the BA FTP. This is not a random abandonware site, people here take care in proper preservation, and that means only original games (dumped from an original CD/DVD/Floppy), with proper high-resolution scans of that CD/DVD/Floppy, and with proper name and version/build info added to them are accepted. Also, you basically admitted that "there are no informations about this games[sic]", and this is another reason why your upload will not get accepted. YOU have to do the legwork of identifying, analyzing and properly naming your uploads, not the admin(s) of BA.
Also, only in very rare cases will "RAR archives of games" be accepted (if they are a rare beta version, for example, which your "huge heap of unsorted shovelware and trashware", as mrpijey put it, is clearly not)

In the end, this means your games will, again, not be accepted for BA's FTP.

However, there is some interest in the games for other projects, especially if there are any DOS games among them, so if you would upload them somewhere else where I and the other members of BA can access them, that would be much appreciated.

Note that nobody can download from your upload directory, so since your games will be deleted anyway you are just wasting your own time. Upload them to mega or archive.org and post a link, so that those people interested can take a look at the games, it will be much appreciated.
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Barring that none of the games contains any cracks, serials etc you may post a link to your games on this forum, but we will not preserve your games on this site. Other members may pay interest in your offerings which is why you should still upload your games to a public sharing site and share it if you wish.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

LangsamSpieler

Post by LangsamSpieler »

And how can I get then FTP access, this is the only thing what I can post for you. They are existing, but on so pages, where are dead, and i have this games, maybe am I the only Person so, because
a) nobody are know this games
b) Not knowed games and
c) i can’t post any other things, but I have a game Beta, I’m looking for that tomorrow.

Edit 1: when I’m uploading this things on 4shared.com, and then give a link in my signature, I don’t get FTP access?

If you are asking why I want ftp, here the Answer: a few Betas of Windows 95 are only missing, and I have a completely collection.

Overdoze

Post by Overdoze »

LangsamSpieler wrote:And how can I get then FTP access, this is the only thing what I can post for you. They are existing, but on so pages, where are dead, and i have this games, maybe am I the only Person so, because
b) Not knowed games and
c) i can’t post any other things, but I have a game Beta, I’m looking for that tomorrow.

Edit 1: when I’m uploading this things on 4shared.com, and then give a link in my signature, I don’t get FTP access?
You'll just have to find something else that's good enough to be preserved. You only get FTP if you upload quality stuff to the FTP and mrpijey approves it, sharing links here or elsewhere won't help in any way.
All roads lead to Neptune™

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks

Darkstar
Donator

Post by Darkstar »

LangsamSpieler wrote:And how can I get then FTP access, this is the only thing what I can post for you. They are existing, but on so pages, where are dead, and i have this games, maybe am I the only Person so, because
b) Not knowed games and
A beta will probably be welcome.
LangsamSpieler wrote:Edit 1: when I’m uploading this things on 4shared.com, and then give a link in my signature, I don’t get FTP access?
No but you help the people who might be looking for those games for other means.

Here are some hints on how to get something that will be accepted on the FTP
  • Ask friends for games that they might throw away. Many people still have boxes of original games/CDs in the basement or the attic.
  • Check eBay for old games, like this or this or this. There are tons of games for a buck or two that can get you FTP access when dumped properly
Just make sure the games are older than maybe 10 years or so (a release around 2000 would be perfect), and that they are original versions. Do not bid on (or upload) games from magazine cover disks (Computer Bild, etc.) even though they often came with (older) full version games. Also try to avoid budget re-releases of games if possible.

Also make sure you dump the game properly and scan the CD/DVD too, if possible. If not, a high resolution photo taken with a proper camera (no potato phone camera ;-)) and without any light glares or reflections might probably be enough, if you don't have a scanner.
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA

LangsamSpieler

Post by LangsamSpieler »

Fortunately I have some games, never touched or unboxed, I will make a try with that. Also this games what i have, most of them are just in Hungarian Language.
And a other thing why I will ftp: when I’m so stupid and delete everything of the old games, I can download it from there and I’m save it.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Well, before you unpack these games check if they are proper versions or if they are just local translations etc, we only archive proper retail games and not fan made translations that some backyard company made for the local market. If you are unsure just make a scan of the cover, upload it and PM me and I can make a judgement myself before you invest in the time and effort.

This is why you can upload the games to Mega etc and save the link. The FTP will only carry properly dumped original retail games and apps, as well as betas.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Darkstar
Donator

Post by Darkstar »

LangsamSpieler wrote:And a other thing why I will ftp: when I’m so stupid and delete everything of the old games, I can download it from there and I’m save it.
Better use archive.org for that. For example, the RAR files you uploaded to the FTP will probably get deleted soon (or already have)