[OFFER] Hewlett-Packard MemoMaker for HP-UX 1.01

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
thunderbird32

[OFFER] Hewlett-Packard MemoMaker for HP-UX 1.01

Post by thunderbird32 »

Would anybody be interested in Hewlett-Packard MemoMaker for HP-UX? I would post it to the FTP, but the only copy I have is a user backup of the original disk. It doesn't explicitly say what version of HP-UX it's for, but based on what the manual talks about, it sounds like it's intended for HP-UX 5 or 7 running on an HP 200-series workstation (m68k). I don't have any way to test it, as I only have access to HP-UX 11i (which is not only much newer, but a different architecture). However, I dumped the disk using a Kryoflux and it didn't complain about any bad sectors.

If anyone is interested, let me know, and I'll put it up on Mega for download.

Darkstar
Donator

Re: [OFFER] Hewlett-Packard MemoMaker for HP-UX 1.01

Post by Darkstar »

Hey thunderbird32,

yes, I'm interested in that disk. I collect everything related to old workstations so this would fit right in :)
Here is some more software for the HP200 series. I think someone is working on an HP200 driver for MAME so maybe in the not-so-far future we can see them running again ...
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA

thunderbird32

Post by thunderbird32 »

Cool, I'll post it later tonight. Do you want the stream files in addition to the .img?

Darkstar
Donator

Post by Darkstar »

Yes, please, if it's not too much hassle...

You could upload it to archive.org as well, just to make sure it won't get lost if mega goes down (again ;))
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA

thunderbird32

Post by thunderbird32 »

Here you go:
https://mega.nz/#!Z9FVlAZY!oeCwRGSsyD7r ... 1OGgnlNv4Q

I'll send it up to archive.org later as well.

Darkstar
Donator

Post by Darkstar »

Thank you very much

sunscreen
Donator

Post by sunscreen »

Thank you! This might run on HP-UX 8.0 on series 300 (the oldest HP-UX I managed to get to run so far), I'll let you know how it goes.

Darkstar
Donator

Post by Darkstar »

sunscreen wrote:Thank you! This might run on HP-UX 8.0 on series 300 (the oldest HP-UX I managed to get to run so far), I'll let you know how it goes.
Do you have a physical HP 300 box up and running? Or do you run it on some emulator?

thunderbird32

Post by thunderbird32 »

sunscreen wrote:I'll let you know how it goes.
Please do, I'd be interested to hear if it works.

sunscreen
Donator

Post by sunscreen »

Darkstar wrote:
sunscreen wrote:Thank you! This might run on HP-UX 8.0 on series 300 (the oldest HP-UX I managed to get to run so far), I'll let you know how it goes.
Do you have a physical HP 300 box up and running? Or do you run it on some emulator?
I have a V/382 VXI controller. There's an emulator for the 98xx (HP 200 series) but AFAIK it can't run HP-UX.

sunscreen
Donator

Post by sunscreen »

No luck so far.

I suspect that this is the same as http://www.hpmuseum.net/display_item.php?sw=194 and runs on the HP Integral PC ("IPC").

I don't have an IPC, but I just found that MAME/MESS has an emulator for that. I didn't get around to trying that yet

sunscreen
Donator

Post by sunscreen »

Yup, definitely for a HP Integral. I just tried it with MESS (it works, as far as the emulation for the HP IPC can be called working. There is no mouse support, and the function keys don't work, making it a bit hard to do anything).

I used samdisk to convert the raw track dumps to imd format (the img format doesn't work):
samdisk Memomaker/track00.0.raw Memomaker.imd

and then
mess hp_ipc -flop1 Memomaker.imd

you should be able to find the necessary rom files when you search for hp_ipc.zip.

thunderbird32

Post by thunderbird32 »

Cool, good to know! The manual has instructions for several different machines from that era, so I figured it was just a generic manual that shipped with any HP-UX version of the software. Presumably the original disk would have said what machine type it was for.