BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 7d, 22h, 38m | CPU: 55% | MEM: 2018MB of 4203MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.
2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only betas (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be uploaded to and shared on the BetaArchive FTP server.
3. If you have your own FTP server where you'd like other members to upload what you're looking for to, please don't post its login details in any open forum as that will probably lead to abuse. Post the login details in the Private Servers section instead.
4. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers. If you don't have access to the FTP servers then ask someone who has (a moderator for example).

PostPost subject: [OFFER] Hewlett-Packard MemoMaker for HP-UX 1.01        Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:02 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
NeXT OPENSTEP 4.1
Would anybody be interested in Hewlett-Packard MemoMaker for HP-UX? I would post it to the FTP, but the only copy I have is a user backup of the original disk. It doesn't explicitly say what version of HP-UX it's for, but based on what the manual talks about, it sounds like it's intended for HP-UX 5 or 7 running on an HP 200-series workstation (m68k). I don't have any way to test it, as I only have access to HP-UX 11i (which is not only much newer, but a different architecture). However, I dumped the disk using a Kryoflux and it didn't complain about any bad sectors.

If anyone is interested, let me know, and I'll put it up on Mega for download.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Hewlett-Packard MemoMaker for HP-UX 1.01        Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:10 pm 
VIP

Favourite OS
IRIX 5.3
Hey thunderbird32,

yes, I'm interested in that disk. I collect everything related to old workstations so this would fit right in :)
Here is some more software for the HP200 series. I think someone is working on an HP200 driver for MAME so maybe in the not-so-far future we can see them running again ...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Hewlett-Packard MemoMaker for HP-UX 1.01        Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:16 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
NeXT OPENSTEP 4.1
Cool, I'll post it later tonight. Do you want the stream files in addition to the .img?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Hewlett-Packard MemoMaker for HP-UX 1.01        Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:14 pm 
VIP

Favourite OS
IRIX 5.3
Yes, please, if it's not too much hassle...

You could upload it to archive.org as well, just to make sure it won't get lost if mega goes down (again ;))

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Hewlett-Packard MemoMaker for HP-UX 1.01        Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:37 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
NeXT OPENSTEP 4.1
Here you go:
https://mega.nz/#!Z9FVlAZY!oeCwRGSsyD7r5VHZsHUjfrbWduwlfh_rm1OGgnlNv4Q

I'll send it up to archive.org later as well.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Hewlett-Packard MemoMaker for HP-UX 1.01        Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:22 pm 
VIP

Favourite OS
IRIX 5.3
Thank you very much

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Hewlett-Packard MemoMaker for HP-UX 1.01        Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:58 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
AIX 4.1.5
Thank you! This might run on HP-UX 8.0 on series 300 (the oldest HP-UX I managed to get to run so far), I'll let you know how it goes.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Hewlett-Packard MemoMaker for HP-UX 1.01        Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:25 am 
VIP

Favourite OS
IRIX 5.3
sunscreen wrote:
Thank you! This might run on HP-UX 8.0 on series 300 (the oldest HP-UX I managed to get to run so far), I'll let you know how it goes.

Do you have a physical HP 300 box up and running? Or do you run it on some emulator?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Hewlett-Packard MemoMaker for HP-UX 1.01        Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:08 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
NeXT OPENSTEP 4.1
sunscreen wrote:
I'll let you know how it goes.

Please do, I'd be interested to hear if it works.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Hewlett-Packard MemoMaker for HP-UX 1.01        Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:36 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
AIX 4.1.5
Darkstar wrote:
sunscreen wrote:

Do you have a physical HP 300 box up and running? Or do you run it on some emulator?

I have a V/382 VXI controller. There's an emulator for the 98xx (HP 200 series) but AFAIK it can't run HP-UX.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Hewlett-Packard MemoMaker for HP-UX 1.01        Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:26 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
AIX 4.1.5
No luck so far.

I suspect that this is the same as http://www.hpmuseum.net/display_item.php?sw=194 and runs on the HP Integral PC ("IPC").

I don't have an IPC, but I just found that MAME/MESS has an emulator for that. I didn't get around to trying that yet

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Hewlett-Packard MemoMaker for HP-UX 1.01        Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:23 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
AIX 4.1.5
Yup, definitely for a HP Integral. I just tried it with MESS (it works, as far as the emulation for the HP IPC can be called working. There is no mouse support, and the function keys don't work, making it a bit hard to do anything).

I used samdisk to convert the raw track dumps to imd format (the img format doesn't work):
samdisk Memomaker/track00.0.raw Memomaker.imd

and then
mess hp_ipc -flop1 Memomaker.imd

you should be able to find the necessary rom files when you search for hp_ipc.zip.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Hewlett-Packard MemoMaker for HP-UX 1.01        Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:40 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
NeXT OPENSTEP 4.1
Cool, good to know! The manual has instructions for several different machines from that era, so I figured it was just a generic manual that shipped with any HP-UX version of the software. Presumably the original disk would have said what machine type it was for.

Top  Profile