New DOS beta build: 6.20.2021

Discuss MS-DOS, Windows 1, 2 and 3.
ReflectiaX

New DOS beta build: 6.20.2021

Post by ReflectiaX »

I didn't see this build in the BA wiki, so I think it's a new one! I also received the floppies for build 6.20.3002, which apparently has been leaked. Here's a picture of both sets (taken by the individual who has sent them to me). I'll scan them along with a bunch of other stuff once I get that all set up.

Visit BetaCollector.com for rare and unique beta-related content!

Overdoze

Re: New DOS beta build: 6.20.2021

Post by Overdoze »

They're both leaked actually, though for 3002 we only have a single 3.5" step-up disk and 2021 is from warez I believe and thus not a proper dump (and three 3.5" disks only). So proper dumps and scans of both would be appreciated! :)

Considering you have FTP access, I would recommend you check the FTP rather than the wiki, as the latter isn't always up-to-date.
All roads lead to Neptune™

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Yeah a full dump and scan of this would be great to preserve as they are pretty rare.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

ReflectiaX

Post by ReflectiaX »

Will do! I just need to find decent diskette and floppy disk readers. I've tried a couple of X to USB drives from Amazon and they've been complete shite. I have a number of Windows 95 betas I can also dump and scan, just to have those representations.

mrpijey: Where diskettes and floppies are concerned, do you prefer to have each disk ripped to its own individual directory, or do you prefer to have everything dumped into one directory?
Visit BetaCollector.com for rare and unique beta-related content!

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Since you're dumping floppy images everything in one folder will be fine, named as DiskXX.img or DiskXX - Label.img.

If you don't find any proper floppy reader you can always lend the floppies to me or any other member here with a kryoflux and we can make a complete and proper dump of it.

Thanks.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP