About Windows Anytime Upgrade problem

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Elichika

About Windows Anytime Upgrade problem

Post by Elichika »

I tried to upgrade 6730 to Ultimate SKU,but it seem failed.And the export log says error codes were different.
I checked for the solution to solve the problem,but I have got nothing.Who can tell me what should I do?
Thanks!
6730 Windows Anytime Upgrade doesn't seem to be able to use it.
ImageImage
Last edited by Elichika on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

YourAverageJoe

Re: About Windows Anytime Upgrade problem

Post by YourAverageJoe »

Elichika wrote:I tried to upgrade 6780 to Ultimate SKU,but it seem failed.And the export log says error codes were different.
I checked for the solution to solve the problem,but I have got nothing.Who can tell me what should I do?
6780 Windows Anytime Upgrade doesn't seem to be able to use it.
ImageImage
If I'm not wrong, I thought that they stopped support for Windows Anytime Upgrade...?
hOI!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!!!

Elichika

Post by Elichika »

YourAverageJoe wrote:
Elichika wrote:I tried to upgrade 6780 to Ultimate SKU,but it seem failed.And the export log says error codes were different.
6780 Windows Anytime Upgrade doesn't seem to be able to use it.
ImageImage
If I'm not wrong, I thought that they stopped support for Windows Anytime Upgrade...?
emmmm……but It seems that WUA is still available…No matter with beta if it not.

beta.a.brian

Post by beta.a.brian »

Nope, it's been stopped on Vista and 7. Dunno about 8 though.
#8032forbrian came true

Elichika

Post by Elichika »

beta.a.brian wrote:Nope, it's been stopped on Vista and 7. Dunno about 8 though.
But I successfully upgraded to ultimate with WAU on 6469…

Courage

Post by Courage »

Elichika wrote:
beta.a.brian wrote:Nope, it's been stopped on Vista and 7. Dunno about 8 though.
One, you don't really need WAU on 6469, it's an unstaged build. Just use the Vista RTM keys when setup asks you to provide one.

Two, I remember upgrading 6730 to Ultimate myself using a product key. I'll try it again later and see how it goes.

Elichika

Post by Elichika »

Courage wrote:
Elichika wrote:
One, you don't really need WAU on 6469, it's an unstaged build. Just use the Vista RTM keys when setup asks you to provide one.

Two, I remember upgrading 6730 to Ultimate myself using a product key. I'll try it again later and see how it goes.
Thanks.I'd like to know if you were upgrades and more details.

Courage

Post by Courage »

Use this key when running Anytime Upgrade on 6730, and you'll end up with Ultimate: [nope]

Last edited by James on Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: BetaArchive does not permit the sharing of keys in any circumstance.

YourAverageJoe

Post by YourAverageJoe »

Courage wrote:Use this key when running Anytime Upgrade on 6730, and you'll end up with Ultimate: [insert key here]

I don't think you can share keys on the site.
hOI!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!!!

Courage

Post by Courage »

YourAverageJoe wrote:
Courage wrote:Use this key when running Anytime Upgrade on 6730, and you'll end up with Ultimate: [insert key here]

I don't think you can share keys on the site.
I thought that rule only applied to RTM keys, which this isn't. This is a key that only works for builds around this period IIRC. If I'm wrong, somebody please notify me and I'll remove it.

James

Post by James »

BetaArchive does not permit the sharing of serial keys in any circumstance. Do so privately, or off forum. But not here.

No warning issued, first infraction

Lukas Marsik

Post by Lukas Marsik »

James wrote:BetaArchive does not permit the sharing of serial keys in any circumstance. Do so privately, or off forum. But not here.

No warning issued, first infraction
Where exactly is this stated besides this topic? Searching for bits of the bold returns no such thing, only some posts from <= 2010 at best. There's no mention of this in the rules either. I feel like members have come to a mutual agreement that as long as the key is not designed for a final product and it cannot activate a product, thus only be used for either proceeding with installation or upgrades -- just like above, there should be no issue.

If you for whatever reason really want to enforce this rather pointless rule, maybe modify past posts accordingly? Searching for the good old TCP8W gives me 48 results :)

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Pointless or not, it's still a rule we enforce. Since we can't in every circumstance prove or disprove that a particular key is indeed a valid and public key (because it's shared doesn't mean it's legally public) we simply take the safe road and disallow any keys unless you can prove it's a public beta key.

There may be older posts with the key, posts that were made before the rule was enforced, but that doesn't mean the rule is invalid or can be ignored. We have these rules to protect us.

But please, prove to us that the particular key is a valid beta key and we will allow that key and add it to a post specifically designed to list all valid and shareable beta keys.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP