[OFFER] Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1 (2007)

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
viktormadarasz

[OFFER] Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1 (2007)

Post by viktormadarasz »

I have the below to offer

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1 (2007) Original DVDs and CDs

it was unopened sealed box when i purchased it but the sender was clever enough to destroy and throw the box out to save me shipping costs :(

I did recover the installation key ( or whats it called) from another same release box seller had for sale but i dont know if it can be used for various installations and/or if it needs for activation and it s a unique installation number per install ... for that reason I think i will retain that number for my personal use

it comes with both 32bit and 64bit DVDs and CDs and some supplementary discs

installs perfect ( tough im unable to activate due to some certificate issue it gives me)
Last edited by viktormadarasz on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: [OFFER] Red Hat Linux 5.1 (1998) Original DVDs and CDs

Post by mrpijey »

This would be nice to archive as we lack 5.1.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

viktormadarasz

Post by viktormadarasz »

mrpijey wrote:This would be nice to archive as we lack 5.1.
Nice.. Feels good to be useful.

Will dump and scan them and upload to my slot

Edit: All Discs are individually zipped and uploaded to my Upload Slot , artworks (disc scans) are in separate zip
its 3 DVDs each ( 32bit and 64bit release) 1 Install DVD, 1 Supplementary DVD and 1 Rescue DVD each

nathaniel87
Donator

Post by nathaniel87 »

I think there may be some confusion about what the OP is offering. "Red Hat Linux 5.1" (1998) is a completely different product than "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1" (2007). As the former did not come on DVD, did not have an x64 edition, nor did it require any activation keys, I suspect that what the OP is offering is actually the latter. mrpijey will be able to sort it out and confirm what we've got here.

viktormadarasz

Post by viktormadarasz »

nathaniel87 wrote:I think there may be some confusion about what the OP is offering. "Red Hat Linux 5.1" (1998) is a completely different product than "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1" (2007). As the former did not come on DVD, did not have an x64 edition, nor did it require any activation keys, I suspect that what the OP is offering is actually the latter. mrpijey will be able to sort it out and confirm what we've got here.
Hi

It says Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1 on the discs

Hope it helps

Regards

Viktor

Courage

Post by Courage »

Yeah, that's the 2007 distro then. The good news is that it can still be considered abandonware, as it is over 10 years old, as of November 7 this year, and it is out of support (outside of a per-year subscription method that is not applicable to this version of RHEL anyway).

viktormadarasz

Post by viktormadarasz »

Courage wrote:Yeah, that's the 2007 distro then. The good news is that it can still be considered abandonware, as it is over 10 years old, as of November 7 this year, and it is out of support (outside of a per-year subscription method that is not applicable to this version of RHEL anyway).
That is great