I have a copy of the old SciTech FTP.

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
damaged

I have a copy of the old SciTech FTP.

Post by damaged »

Hello All,

I'm not sure if this is complete, but I remember wanting to grab as much as I could. For those of you unaware of what this is, it's basically all the tools from the company that wrote Display Doctor. A quick check reveals the SNAP SDK, licensed copy of Display Doctor, GLDirect, MGL, and some other things. Large archive.

MGL was used for the original release of WinQuake. Let me know what you guys think and I'll respond tomorrow with screenshots of file of the archive.

YourAverageJoe

Re: I have a copy of the old SciTech FTP.

Post by YourAverageJoe »

I'd like this
hOI!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!!!

Storm

Post by Storm »

It's nice that people take the time to archive everything. Good work.

damaged

Post by damaged »

Okay, I'll provide links on Sunday. The Starbucks I'm at has horrible Wi-Fi speed.

newnec1
Donator

Post by newnec1 »

if u don't mind I am also interested plz
_║║║║║═╣║║║╔╗║║═╣╔╝║║__
_║║║║║═╣║║║║║║║═╣╚╦╝╚╗_
_╚╩═╩══╩══╩╝╚╩══╩═╩══╝_

Darkstar
Donator

Post by Darkstar »

Probably best to upload it to archive.org. To make sure the link doesn't go down like all RapidShare links (and others) did...
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA

sunscreen
Donator

Post by sunscreen »

Did you end up uploading this anywhere?

damaged

Post by damaged »

I sincerely apologize. All my free time was consumed with leaving town and working. At this point, I would like to publicly share the folder of my Mediafire account and someone can download it and upload to the BA FTP (I don't have access). Sound reasonable?

[EDIT]
Okay, I sincerely apologize for the delay. Mediafire has changed the way their service works. No mass downloading for free accounts. All file by file. This service I uploaded it to will keep it for several days and will delete it after that. I think you guys/gals will be pleased with the archive. It has all of their products and its entirely legal.

https://we.tl/O4454Uzt5z

hogsy

Post by hogsy »

Code: Select all

Transfer deleted
Sorry, this transfer has been deleted and is not available any more
Any chance this could be upped again?
Administrator @ TalonBrave.info; The Dedicated Video-Games Archive
Developer @ OldTimes Software

silasqwerty1

Post by silasqwerty1 »

hogsy wrote:

Code: Select all

Transfer deleted
Sorry, this transfer has been deleted and is not available any more
Any chance this could be upped again?
I uploaded it to https://archive.org/details/ScitechFTP

damaged

Post by damaged »

Thank you for the Archive.org upload. My attention got pulled away from this.

Regarding the contents, it contains the version of the graphics SDK used for the original Quake engine. The engine did not depend on DirectDraw directly, it used the SciTech SDK. There are one (or more) revisions of the DJGPP that I believe were used to compile Quake for MS-DOS. What was it? 2.0? The SNAP SDK stuff is there along with the later audio framework. Considering their extensive involvement in computing history, I just knew I had to copy everything that I could.

On a side not, I also have what I believe is a complete copy of the now defunct Apple Development FTP. There is actually a Carbon SDK sample that views Quake 2 models.

silasqwerty1

Post by silasqwerty1 »

damaged wrote:Thank you for the Archive.org upload. My attention got pulled away from this.

Regarding the contents, it contains the version of the graphics SDK used for the original Quake engine. The engine did not depend on DirectDraw directly, it used the SciTech SDK. There are one (or more) revisions of the DJGPP that I believe were used to compile Quake for MS-DOS. What was it? 2.0? The SNAP SDK stuff is there along with the later audio framework. Considering their extensive involvement in computing history, I just knew I had to copy everything that I could.

On a side not, I also have what I believe is a complete copy of the now defunct Apple Development FTP. There is actually a Carbon SDK sample that views Quake 2 models.
I think it would be very nice if you could upload that FTP as well! It sounds interesting.