[OFFER] Gex 3D: Enter The Gecko (1998) [English] [3DFX OEM]

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
DanielOosterhuis
Donator

[OFFER] Gex 3D: Enter The Gecko (1998) [English] [3DFX OEM]

Post by DanielOosterhuis »

Digging through my PC games collection, I came across a curious copy of Gex 3D: Enter The Gecko.
All of the text on the covers is Dutch, but what struck me as odd was that it was a 3DFX branded version, and it was published by Midway, despite claims on Wikipedia that Midway only published the game in the US, whereas Ubisoft published the game in the EU. I have noticed that no version of Gex 2, or any Gex the Gecko game for that matter, is on the FTP right now.
Should I go ahead and upload this one? The only problem I'm facing is that it doesn't have a version number, the EXE on both the disc and in the installation folder are lacking one, the only version number I could find is for the InstallShield used, which is probably irrelevant. That, and the oddball-nature of this copy, is why I figured I'd ask here first. I have included a small, edited preview scan of the front cover to this post.

MCSA: Windows Server 2016 (70-740, 70-741, 70-742)
MTA: 98-349, 98-365

Okaris
Donator

Re: [OFFER] Gex 3D: Enter The Gecko (1998) [English] [3DFX O

Post by Okaris »

Quite unique. Did it come as a bundle with other games when it was released?

JackArchive

Post by JackArchive »

insert obvious popular-culture-referencing one-liners here

Looks good. Probably bundled with Voodoo 2 cards. Googled up a game review covering this PC release.
Okaris wrote:Quite unique. Did it come as a bundle with other games when it was released?
Seems likely, as one other bundled game I can definitely remember from the Voodoo 2 was Rage Software's "Incoming" (It's actually a personal favourite of mine).
-=JackArchive=-
Preserving since the last time we all partied like it's 1999...

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

We'd be interested in archiving that title. Always nice with original 3Dfx titles.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

DanielOosterhuis
Donator

Post by DanielOosterhuis »

Uploaded!
Okaris wrote:Quite unique. Did it come as a bundle with other games when it was released?
Sadly, all I have is the game itself, so I don't know if this was bundled in with other games. But as said, it's highly likely.
MCSA: Windows Server 2016 (70-740, 70-741, 70-742)
MTA: 98-349, 98-365