Booting windows 1 to 3.11 like windows 95

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
DoorsEntertainment

Booting windows 1 to 3.11 like windows 95

Post by DoorsEntertainment »

If anybody needs a Virtual PC hard drive image or a rar archive of a version of windows 3.1 or another version that boots up like 95, PM me, I will tell you the location of the download, and the password.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Most wanted List

Whistler Beta 1

WinPC

Post by WinPC »

This should be moved to Requests/Offers.

DoorsEntertainment

Sorry for the bad news but,

Post by DoorsEntertainment »

I have found it very difficult to do windows 1 to 3.0.

i WILL sTOP tHIS IN A FEW DAYS IF I CANNOT FIND A SOLUTION.

os2fan2
Donator

Post by os2fan2 »

These versions of Windows do not come with the DOS required to boot them. For all intents and purposes, they are DOS programs.

Beginning with the MS-DOS 7.0 beta 1, DOS boots windows by running 'win' after CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT runs. You can demonstrate this under Windows 95/98 by copying c:\command.com to c:\win.com.

The time-honoured way of running Windows 1.x to 3.x is to use an appropriate DOS loader, with a minimised setup. Using io.sys, msdos.sys, and command.com is pretty much sufficient, since Windows has the necessary himem.sys, etc. You still need a version of autoexec,bat and config.sys to do this, though.