Windows 2000 Server Build 2000 Stuck On "Starting Windows"

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
Microsoft Windows Fan

Windows 2000 Server Build 2000 Stuck On "Starting Windows"

Post by Microsoft Windows Fan »

I was tried to install Windows 2000 Server Build 2000 on Virtualbox because i get interested to Windows 2000 Server Betas.

But... it stucks on this screen while trying to enter setup:
https://pasteboard.co/GTsi7mt.png

[Im not gonna use image uploader because it always dont accept my photos because of resolution and im kinda lazy so im not gonna try to fit the photo into right resolution, sorry]

Can somebody help? :(

Windows Thunderstruck

Re: Windows 2000 Server Build 2000 Stuck On "Starting Window

Post by Windows Thunderstruck »

I saw in your screenshot that you are using VirtualBox 8-) .
For builds that old, use Virtual PC 2007 (SP1 perferred) instead, works perfectly.

Microsoft Windows Fan

Windows Thunderstruck wrote:I saw in your screenshot that you are using VirtualBox 8-) .
For builds that old, use Virtual PC 2007 (SP1 perferred) instead, works perfectly.
Thanks! I"ll try it but for some reason, my VPC is kinda broken. When i click on virtual machine, it didnt capture my mouse. But after some trys, it captures. But thanks! I"ll try it :)

Gnome
Donator

Post by Gnome »

Please use the BA image uploader for ALL images. Link is in the navigation bar, top right.

Microsoft Windows Fan

Gnome wrote:Please use the BA image uploader for ALL images. Link is in the navigation bar, top right.
Thanks but i already know that there is an image uploader on BA. If you read my first post correctly you will see this "Im not gonna use image uploader because it always dont accepts my photos. Im not gonna try to fit my photos into right resolution, sorry"

But if using other image uploaders are forbidden, i"ll use BA image uploader then...

kyle62

Post by kyle62 »

You'll need to try QEMU or Virtual PC 2004/2007. VirtualBox has never worked well for me and Windows 2000. It will go into a reset loop several times once it gets to GUI setup, after Setup "detects and install drivers, such as your keyboard and mouse"

Microsoft Windows Fan

kyle62 wrote:You'll need to try QEMU or Virtual PC 2004/2007. VirtualBox has never worked well for me and Windows 2000. It will go into a reset loop several times once it gets to GUI setup, after Setup "detects and install drivers, such as your keyboard and mouse"
Wait... QEMU? Thanks! Yes, you are right. I can try it...

EDIT: I tried it again on QEMU but it froze at the same screen, i think the iso is broken...

2rd EDIT: I tried it on VPC 2007 and IT PASSED THE SCREEN! It seem looks like this build only works on VPC...
Last edited by Microsoft Windows Fan on Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Battler
Donator

Post by Battler »

Microsoft Windows Fan wrote:If you read my first post correctly you will see this "Im not gonna use image uploader because it always dont accepts my photos. Im not gonna try to fit my photos into right resolution, sorry"

But if using other image uploaders are forbidden, i"ll use BA image uploader then...
Other image uploaders are forbidden, you must use the BA image uploader.
Main developer of the 86Box emulator.
Join the 86Box Discord server, a nice community for true enthusiasts and 86Box supports!

The anime channel is on the Ring of Lightning Discord server.

Check out our SoftHistory Forum for quality discussion about older software.