cdimage options to recreate a Windows 7 ISO's

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Kerzyte

cdimage options to recreate a Windows 7 ISO's

Post by Kerzyte »

I am trying to recreate a Windows 7 ISO that is identical to the original. For the following examples, I am using the "en_windows_7_professional_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_676939.iso" image.

So far, I have the command as:

Code: Select all

cdimage -lGSP1RMCPRXFRER_EN_DVD -t04/12/2011,02:38:58 -u2 -udfver102 -biso\boot\etfsboot.com iso\ win7.iso
The resulting file is 20MB larger than the original. When adding in the -o option, the file is 2MB smaller than the original. When comparing the hex values, it becomes obvious that I am missing something. There are an enormous amount of differences, even before it gets to the point where the file size would make a difference.

Does anyone know what the correct options are, or at the least any additional options to get me closer to my goal?

TheDosProgrammer

Re: cdimage options to recreate a Windows 7 ISO's

Post by TheDosProgrammer »

If you want something that is functionally-identical to original just make a dump in Alcohol120% and then convert it to ISO. Note that you won't be able to get ISO which will have exact size as original, since CDs (as well as all other storage devices) uses file system that won't be fully covered in ISO. Another problem is that there's a thing called File Control Block, which stores file data (name, format, date of creation etc.) and will result a few bytes larger file than original CD is. Sorry that I didn't posted any solution.