[Request] MetaWare High C compiler version 1.7

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
GL1zdA

[Request] MetaWare High C compiler version 1.7

Post by GL1zdA »

I'm looking for the 1.7 version of the MetaWare High C compiler to experiment with an old SGI IrisVision board set. Unfortunately the 3.x version don't work with the libraries I have. Maybe someone has a copy lying around?

dfawcus

Re: [Request] MetaWare High C compiler version 1.7

Post by dfawcus »

GL1zdA wrote:I'm looking for the 1.7 version of the MetaWare High C compiler to experiment with an old SGI IrisVision board set. Unfortunately the 3.x version don't work with the libraries I have. Maybe someone has a copy lying around?

The only place I've seen version 1.7 is as part of the FlexOS Application Programmers Toolkit (APT).

At the time we contacted MetaWare to try and get a DOS copy of 1.7, but they claimed not to know anything about it. All they could offer was version 1.5. They suggested the 1.7 version we had was something DRI must have created. Which would suggest that DRI had the compiler source.

At the time version 1.5 for DOS was compatible (library wise) with 1.7, what did differ were options (on the command line, or in a .PRO file). So you should be able to get by using a copy of version 1.5.
Last edited by dfawcus on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

GL1zdA

Re: [Request] MetaWare High C compiler version 1.7

Post by GL1zdA »

I can try 1.5, but I would have to find it first :(.