Windows Longhorn Build 4029

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Futta22

Windows Longhorn Build 4029

Post by Futta22 »

Windows Longhorn Build 4029 is blue screening everytime i log in?

Is there a fix?

The_Build_Tester

Re: Windows Longhorn Build 4029

Post by The_Build_Tester »

Is possibly because somewhere, the timebomb of that beta build probably messed up when it detected the date is the current time (if you didn't set the time back.) You could use a patch but I'm not able to tell you. You are better of reinstalling Windows Longhorn with the time set back.

yourepicfailure
Donator

Post by yourepicfailure »

No when you log into an "unpatched" version, well you can't. It will just kick you out whwen you log in.

OP needs to specify "log in." "Log in" today can mean trying to start up, boot from setup CD, or actually try to log in.

No, you don't need to go through a reinstall to put in the "patch." Just put the patched winlogon.exe into a setup iso and boot from that.
Shift+f10 when setup comes up and use command to overwrite the the one on the hard drive.
You can find the patched winlogon with the first or second result on a typical search engine.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

SistemaRayoXP

Post by SistemaRayoXP »

I don't try to bother you, I am trying to say this in the most friendly way I can, but shouldn't this topic go into "Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, 10" section? since Windows Longhorn is Vista Beta fits into Windows Vista section. You can disable the autosync of time/date in VMWare, VirtualBox or QEMU, but in VirtualPC you need a patch that you can check at the Forum un Offers/Request Section